Fierce Self-Compassion

How Women Can Harness Kindness to Speak Up, Claim Their Power, and Thrive

Pub Date 8 Jul 2021 | Archive Date 10 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #FierceSelfCompassion #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A follow up from the bestselling Self-Compassion, this book shows why it is more urgent than ever that women acknowledge their areas of suffering, celebrate their inner voice and challenge the male-orientated status quo.

The book will draw on Kristin Neff's own life story as well as the stories of other women to show how readers can harness self-compassion and gain the strength, clarity and courage needed to be resilient and stand up for themselves in our male-dominated society.

She'll explore core issues such as gender differences, why we aren't more compassionate to themselves, and what women do for love. With expert research, concrete tools and easy-to-follow mindfulness practices, this book will empower women to let go of self-criticism, draw boundaries and become fierce.

EDITION Hardcover

Average rating from 1 member

I love the work of Kristin Neff and her first book on self compassion allowed me give myself the kindness and self care I so needed at the time. Neff develops her work further with this book exploring why self compassion is a feminist issue and how it makes our force as women stronger and more effective as it combines strength with love. She explores how as women we can use self compassion for our own personal journey and also to fight for justice. The book is divided into 3 parts - the first part explores why women need self compassion, part 2 gives us tools for self compassion including many exercises and the final part looks at how we can use self compassion in the world. I found the second part useful to expand my self compassion tools and Neff breaks this down into sections on how we can hold ourselves tenderly, stand strong, meet our needs and become our best selves. I found this to be an enlightening book that enabled me to think about self compassion in a new way and to align it with my own personal healing journey and my political activism. Highly recommended. Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a digital ARC.