You Did WHAT?

Secrets, Confessions and Outrageous Stories from Real Life

Pub Date 14 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 7 Sep 2021
Watkins, Watkins Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #YouDidWHAT #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"I was living with a nasty boyfriend who complained I didn't put enough pepper in his egg sandwich. So I dried out some hamster poop and chopped it into tiny pieces. He said it was delicious. Revenge is sweet!"

"So I was married for nine years and after the divorce, when I was ready to sleep with other men, I signed up on Tinder. After a few dates I was thinking ... why do I give it for free, when men will pay for it? So I became an escort! I did it for about five months and I must say I had the best time ever ... made a lot of money and met some really nice interesting people."

"I was living...

PRICE CA$18.95 (CAD)

This book can be easily summed up as a total giggle. If you ever feel like you're the only one having a bad or tough day reading this book will make you realise you're not alone and give you a laugh at the same time. There are some tuly giggle inducing stories mixed with heartbreaking ones about the realities of life for people all across the world. I really hope there's another one of these as would love some more!

Confessions from around the world, from the heartbreaking to the utterly hysterical and all points in between

Date reviewed/posted: June 16, 2021 Publication date: Setember 14, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you are continuing to #maskup and #lockdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle.! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. A fantastic collection of funny, moving and outrageous confessions from people from all walks of life, chosen and introduced by popular digital creator and bestselling author Tova Leigh. "I was living with a nasty boyfriend who complained I didn't put enough pepper in his egg sandwich. So I dried out some hamster poop and chopped it into tiny pieces. He said it was delicious. Revenge is sweet! Have you ever wondered what other people get up to when they think no one's looking? Do you have a mortifying secret of your own you've never dared share? Whatever scandalous incidents lie hidden in your past, don't worry: this wonderful collection of funny, sexy, hair-raising and heart-warming confessions will reassure you that you're by no means alone. These confessions have all been curated by bestselling author and digital creator Tova Leigh, who explains just why we should stop being ashamed of our secrets, and instead have the courage to make ourselves vulnerable, speak out and connect. In this ultimate page-turner, there are parenting confessions, sex confessions, workplace confessions, revenge confessions ... not forgetting the all-important bodily fluids confessions! You need never feel embarrassed by your own slip-ups and misdemeanours again. "So I was married for nine years and after the divorce, when I was ready to sleep with other men, I signed up on Tinder. After few dates I was thinking ... why do I give it for free, when men will pay for it? So I became an escort! I did it for about five months and I must say I had the best time ever ... made a lot of money and met some really nice interesting people." Damn, I wish I had known about the gerbil poop thing while I was dating that horrible Nigerian man ... there was NEVER enough pepper for him. These stories both grossed me out and made me laugh riotously - I would not say to use them as an idea book for getting revenge, but some of them are too funny for words and some are really gross and I would NEVER EVER EVER RECOMMEND BEING AN ESCORT TO ANYONE. I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, my book club ladies, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. " on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂 Miss Leigh - please write another one as I have not laughed this hard in YEARS!