The Harm Tree

Pub Date 19 Jul 2019 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TheHarmTree #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

You’re too young to remember why we needed heroes. You should be glad… Nine years ago, two princes waged a bloody civil war for the right to rule Arngard. The younger prince took the throne and outlawed the ancient beliefs, but some wounds don’t heal. New religion replaced the barbaric traditions and finally, there’s peace. Torny and Ebba are friends. Sent away by their families, they work together and watch out for each other. Too young to remember the war that tore apart the kingdom, Torny dreams of the glorious warriors of old, while Ebba misses her family, despite the darkness she left behind. But when a man is murdered on the street and Torny finds herself in possession of a dangerous message, the two friends must tread separate paths. These will lead them through fear, through grief, to the source of their own power and to the gates of death itself. As Torny and Ebba are used as tools for the opposing factions of the war, a deep power is ignited in them both. Can they uncover their own strength to finally heal the wounds of a nation?

A Note From the Publisher

Book 2, The Ember Days, is publishing October 2021!

Book 2, The Ember Days, is publishing October 2021!

"A country on the brink of war, and two best friends turned enemies in a world where nothing is as it seems, Edwards has created a rich, compelling epic that will leave even the most hungry fantasy reader sated." - Melinda Salisbury

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781912979004

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with this eArc! I really appreciate it! This was a good one! I had never heard of this book prior to seeing it on Netgalley and I’m glad I read it! I’m a lover of fantasy and dystopian and this gave me both! I would like to see what the author is planning next :))) great potential here!!