A Field Guide to Larking

Pub Date 19 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 19 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AFieldGuidetoLarking #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A Field Guide to Larking is a practical, interactive and inspiring guide to 'larking' from the bestselling author of Mudlarking.

To lark is to get out and about, to explore the world around us and to discover the little treasures hiding in plain sight. We think, of course, of mudlarking but there is also beachlarking, fieldlarking or even simply exploring your own home with fresh eyes.

In this beautiful field guide, Lara teaches us how to lark for ourselves. There are maps and charts, tips and lists, and colour illustrations throughout to help identify finds. From tide tables for mudlarkers to a flint guide for fieldlarkers, this book is richly informative and yet small enough to pop in a pocket. Like a journal it invites you to interact – to make notes and record finds along the way.

If Lara Maiklem's first book was a glimpse into a hidden world, with this field guide she shows us how we can discover it for ourselves.

To lark is to get out and about, to explore the world around us and...

'Enchanting ... In fact, I am quite tempted to join Maiklem on the riverbed looking for treasure' Sunday Times on Mudlarking

'There is a great deal to learn from these pages, not least the insight that finding lost things is the best way of losing yourself' - Guardian on Mudlarking

'There is a great deal to learn from these pages, not least the insight...