Making Waves at Penvennan Cove

Pub Date 6 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 6 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #MakingWaves #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

For once, things are going well for thirty-year-old Kerra Shaw. She has a fulfilling job helping small businesses in the local community, she is within a few minutes' walk of all the people she loves best, and most importantly, she has finally got together with her childhood sweetheart, Ross.

It's not all plain sailing, though, because they have to keep their relationship a secret. The feud between their families still rages on, and Kerra doesn't want to pour fuel on its flame and risk losing everything.

But Kerra should know better than anyone that secrets don't stay hidden for long in a community like Penvennan Cove...

An uplifting and feel-good romance novel for fans of Lucy Coleman, Jessica Redland and Lisa Hobman.

EDITION Paperback

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Making Waves At Penvennen Cove is the second story set in a small British town where nothing anyone does can remain private for long, as former childhood crushes Kerra and Ross learn. Their fathers feud once spoiled their relationship before it ever really got started. Now adults, can they prevent a repeat? British author, Linn B. Haltom captures all the nuances of small town living, family drama and abiding friendships in this well written lovely second chance romance. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book from NetGalley. Most highly recommend.

Loved this book! The characters and the story kept me reading until the end! I enjoyed the storyline and the characters throughout the book. Such a great read to get lost in. I highly recommend this book! Thank you for letting me review this book!

A great read.The plot was very well written and I cannot wait for another book. This was from a new to me and great author.

A lovely story but you need to have the read the first book Coming home to Penvennan Cove. A lovely setting of Cornwall. There is a third book which will tie it all up. Kerra is an amazing character . Very clever with her IT. The village likes a gossip .Both Kerra and Ross ‘s fathers need their head banging together . Ripley and Bertie are amazing animals. I love the fence part. Will definitely read the first and third book. This an early review

Numerous hours after thinking I’ll just read the first chapter and I’m finished! Heartbreaking as well as touching. I didn’t want to put this book down for even a moment. This superbly written story stayed with me long after I had turned the last page… I will read again and again I’m sure.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a real page turner about Kerra her job helping small businesses and more importantly her romance with her childhood sweetheart that they tried to keep secret. Feuds between families can do that however secrets are never secrets for long and she was worried about losing everything. A really lovely story and one Ioved.

I absolutely love rom com/ chick lit books. I mean what's not to love, romantic storylines, a will they won't they tossle, funny laugh out loud moments, a uplifting book that will make you smile from ear to ear. All this plus great characters, great settings and the ability to take you away from all the mess and worry in the world at the moment can be found inside this book. Loved it.

Kerra has gone back to Penvennan Cove after spending years in London and having a successful career. She has got back with her childhood sweetheart but they have to keep things quiet as her dad doesn't approve of him. Lovely book thoroughly enjoyed it.

This story is set in a small cornish village "Penvennan thrives because of the three main business that are the heart and soul of the community. The pub, the shop and they bakery. They are all owned by local people". This basically sums up the story how local people can be lovely to be around or if they don't agree with any changes or choices you make things can change very quickly. The protagonist Kerra believes that "ones first love is always a special bond" so has moved from London back to Penvennan Cove where she grew up, to be with Ross. However both their fathers have a deep rooted rivalry and even hatred of each other. So they are trying to keep their relationship a secret from the whole community.  There is a wonderful array of characters in this community based novel, to many to keep secrets from and as Kerra has several plans for expanding her businesses portfolio it's not long until rumours start to come out. Some true, some not at all! Kerra even describes it as "living in a goldfish bowl at times after the anonymity of living in London". I really enjoyed reading this book, and feel there  is a lot of scope for a second novel as it's very open ended, with several strands left open. Thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for giving me a digital copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this title and highly recommend. I feel this will make an excellent addition to anyone’s book collection. Please be sure to go and pick this one up

I received a digital ARC from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I am already a fan of this author and this book did not disappoint. A really good read.