What I Learned from the Trees

Pub Date 21 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 23 Oct 2021
Button Poetry, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #WhatILearnedfromtheTrees #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What I Learned from the Trees delves into the intricate relationship between humans and nature, and how these often overlooked, everyday interactions affect us as individuals, families, and communities.

With a backbone rooted in primordial imagery and allegory, and a focus on how the growing disconnect with our own wants, needs, and fears creates deeper divides in our relationships, this collection is notably relevant to today’s society and the struggles we face with the ever-expanding detachment between humans and the natural world.

Aren’t all living creatures seeking a notable existence? A deep sense of belonging? Of relevance? Of purpose? Of love? How often do we yearn for these wants, yet fight the vulnerability it takes to reach them? Why do we so clearly seek each other, yet refuse to reach out our hands?

A Note From the Publisher