Who Cares?

A Guided Self-Help & Devotional Journal for the Seasons of Life

Pub Date 29 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 28 Aug 2021

Talking about this book? Use #WhoCaresAGuidedSelfHelpDevotionalJournalfortheSeasonsofLife #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Dr. Melita Murray-Carney is a licensed clinical psychologist with more than 25 years of experience in positive and health psychology. She studied at Howard University and the University of Maryland. Her work focuses on inspiring people to enjoy healthy, meaningful, and well-balanced lives.

God is the center of her joy, and her mantra is “God First!” In this book you will find guided discussion, daily affirmations, and insight into a wide range of topics from love and forgiveness to accountability and beyond.

This book primarily functions as a journal through which the reader can examine their own spiritual condition in the following “seasons” or aspects of personal development.

Season 1: New Beginnings

Season 6: Mental & Physical Health

Season 7: Rest & Relaxation

Season 8: Change

Season: 9 Gratitude & Joy

Whether you struggle with maintaining discipline, taking risks, recognizing your strengths, or anything else, this book will equip you to navigate successfully through life’s most challenging seasons—and to remind you that through it all, God is by your side.

The Nine Seasons of Life will inspire and challenge you toward the path of whole health, self-care, and an increased daily devotion to God.

"• The uniform nature of each daily journal prompt is straightforward, reliable, and well organized, featuring something to think about, a place to write, and an affirmation to empower oneself with throughout the day.

• The range of topics covered in each “season” (from love to physical health to gratitude) ensures that readers with any number of personal struggles are likely to find something applicable to their own individual lives and circumstances.

• The relative brevity of each prompt makes this something readers can easily fit into a busy schedule and find time for at any time of day most convenient for them."

"• The uniform nature of each daily journal prompt is straightforward, reliable, and well organized, featuring something to think about, a place to write, and an affirmation to empower oneself with...

Thank you to Netgalley and BooksGoSocial for the review copy. Although I received this book as a review copy, are all of my words honest, and I do only give my true opinions. WOW! Wow, just wow! This is such an incredible book! It shows you everything you need to know and it inspires you to become a better you. Everything is placed with the heart-centered with God, and everything in this book is uplifting. You will for sure become a better version of yourself when you have been through this book! There is lots of room for you to write your own thoughts and own experiences! You will get affirmations, and there are questions for you to answer. I've read a lot of books like this, and this is the best so far. I really enjoyed this one, and I will for sure go back and use some of what I've learned. Do yourself a favor and get yourself this book!

This is a collection of journal prompts comprising reflections, affirmations, and biblical confirmations, covering nine different areas (or seasons) of life. For those looking for a devotional journal, this would be perfect.

As the author says in her introduction, journaling is a powerful tool for mental and emotional health and wellbeing. When a person is in distress or wrestling with the never-ending difficulties and demands of life, it can be overwhelming to attempt to channel one’s chaotic thoughts into self-directed writing. Dr. Murray-Carney’s journaling tool provides much-needed assistance with scripture-based thoughts, verses, and provocative questions to initiate the writing process. It contains sections (seasons) focused on the topics of new beginnings, love, anticipation, personal growth, success, mental and physical health, rest and relaxation, change, gratitude and joy. The author’s Biblical direction (NKJV verses quoted directly in the book (so no need to have your Bible on hand!)) is helpful not only for processing thoughts and feelings but also in exploring ways for moving forward and implementing positive change. She gives small bits of guidance or advice followed by prompts for Reflection, Affirmation, and Confirmation. Space is provided for journaling directly in the book, but one could feasibly use this guide over and over for years to come by keeping an outside notebook for writing responses. As a stay-at-home mother facing an increasingly empty nest, I found the Season 1 chapter called New Beginnings and the Season 8 chapter on coping with change to be especially helpful. My only complaint has to do with the pictures of sky and clouds scattered throughout the book - they were lovely to start but I eventually found them interchangeable and tiresome. Nevertheless, this journaling tool is effective and uplifting in terms of its writing prompts, spiritual guidance, and life coaching, and I look forward to gifting it to family and friends. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for allowing me access to this book in exchange for an honest review.

Who Cares? A Guided Self-Help & Devotional Journal for the Seasons of Life by Melita J. Murray-Carney, Ph.D. Pub Date 29 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 28 Aug 2021 BooksGoSocial Christian | Self-Help I am reviewing a copy of Who Cares: A Guided Self Help & Devotional Journal for the Seasons of Life through BooksGoSocial and Netgalley: In Who Cares we are reminded that journaling is a powerful and valuable tool for promoting and enhancing mental, emotional, physical and spiritual wellness. This book provides us with guided prompts for everything from starting something new, whether it be a new chapter in our life, or something smaller, and it reminds us to break what we are experiencing down into smaller goals. We are reminded too the importance to take the time to think through the problems we might face with this new challenge. We are reminded too of the importance making choices that will help us to reach our goals. We are reminded too the importance of writing down who or what is preventing us from being our authentic self. Included in this book are exercises too that encourage you to write about forgiveness and how it heals. I give Who Cares five out of five stars! Happy Reading!