The Perfect Escape

Pub Date 3 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 3 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ThePerfectEscape #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It was supposed to be a holiday... The gripping new psychological thriller from the author of 2020's twistiest debut, One White Lie.

When her husband Harry walks out after just six months, Sam has never been in more need of a getaway.

So when her friends Diana and Margaret - newly single themselves - suggest a girls' weekend away, Sam can't accept soon enough.

But then things start to go wrong. Car trouble on the road leaves them stranded. And what's more, it's in the town where he lives.

Sam is sure a big night out can't hurt. After all, it's hardly likely that Harry would show up, right?

And no one could ever expect the night would end in murder...

Praise for Leah Konen:

'Intense, unpredictable and completely addictive' T.M. Logan

'The twists keep on coming right up to the final page. I read it in one sitting' Sarah Pinborough

'One White Lie hooked me from the start. This book has everything - engaging characters, a unique story, and an ending that will blow you away' Samantha Downing

When her husband Harry walks out after just six months, Sam has...

Slow Creeping Chills… In this intense, equally slow burn suspense. Complex, tumultuous personal relationships, three friends and the suggestion of a girls weekend. A perfect opportunity to relax, recharge, escape. Yes, perfect. Or is it? From the off, the atmosphere is edgy, tense and charged. Then things begin to go wrong. A compelling read, populated with a well drawn and interesting cast and never quite as predictable as you may at first think.

I haven’t read a book this good in a long time. I picked it up when I couldn’t sleep one night and didn’t stop reading until I’d finished it at 4.30am! It was a total page turner! The storyline had you guessing what was going on, but never quite being able to see the full picture until all was revealed at the end - really great story.