The Lost

It's not the missing who are in danger, but those left behind.

Pub Date 25 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheLost #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'A terrific thriller from one of our finest crime writers at the top of his game.' Peter James

A MISSING CHILD

Ten years ago, the disappearance of firearms police officer Jonah Colley's young son almost destroyed him.

A GRUESOME DISCOVERY

A plea for help from an old friend leads Jonah to Slaughter Quay, and the discovery of four bodies. Brutally attacked and left for dead, he is the only survivor.

A SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH

Under suspicion himself, he uncovers a network of secrets and lies about the people he thought he knew - forcing him to question what really happened all those years ago...

A MISSING CHILD

Favourite thriller of 2021. Clever, unexpected plot.. Sergeant Jonah Colley receives a call from an old police friend asking him to meet him at Slaughter Quay in London’s docklands. Gavin had been his best friend until a major rift in their relationship ten years previously. What follows is a rollercoaster of action, misdirection and an unknown future for Jonah. Totally unexpected direction of travel of storyline. Who can Jonah trust? His police colleagues, his ex wife, his friend or no one? Great storyline, plot, lots of red herrings, tension and supporting storylines. Great characters- loved Jonah. Looking forward to next story. Thanks to #Netgalley for allowing me to read this book in return for a fair review. 4.5 Stars ⭐️

I was glued to this book until I had finished it. A real page turner, congratulations to the author, Simon Beckett, for writing such a superb, gripping thriller. Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for giving me a copy of the novel.

I have been a huge fan of the David Hunter series and have all of these so I was intrigued when a new series was promised. This does not disappoint in any way. the start of the story drags you in and does not let you go - then the flash backs help to show a very broken cop in search of the truth. To say much would give the plot away but it twists and turns and builds the drama. right up to the end. I hope this turns into a series that is as strong as the David Hunter ones which still remain one of my favourite crime book series. Buy this book and read it and if you have not read the David Hunter Series buy that as well.