Things We Do Not Tell the People We Love

Pub Date 11 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 11 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ThingsWeDoNotTellthePeopleWeLove #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'A deft, satisfying and poignant collection of stories . . . I loved it.' PANDORA SYKES

'These are stories of fierce clarity and tenderness - I loved them' LUCY CALDWELL, author of Intimacies

'Qureshi writes with courage' Ingrid Persaud, author of Love After Love

'Huma Qureshi is a writer I know I'll be reading for years and years and years' Natasha Lunn, author of Conversations on Love

A breathtaking collection of stories about our most intimate relationships: the misunderstandings between families, the silences between friends and the dissonance between lovers.

Set between the blossoming countryside of England, the South of France and Tuscany, and the bustling cities of London and Lahore, Things We Do Not Tell The People We Love shines a light on the parts of ourselves we rarely reveal.

A daughter asks her mother to shut up, only to shut her up for good; an exhausted wife walks away from the husband who doesn't understand her; on holiday, lovers no longer understand each other away from home.

The underlying themes of loneliness, secrets, family and a yearning for love intertwine these extraordinary stories from the award-winning author of How We Met.

'Qureshi...