Welcome to Consent

Pub Date 30 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 10 Nov 2021
Little Tiger Group, Stripes Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #WelcometoConsent #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

You’re ready for this book if you’re curious about how consent works, you don’t know how to actually TALK about consent, or you just find it confusing!
Packed with reassuring advice on how to say no, when to say yes, and everything in between, WELCOME TO CONSENT familiarizes readers with the concept of consent: from how it works in everyday life and in relationships, to what the laws are surrounding it, to understanding how to respect people’s boundaries as well as setting your own. Featuring case studies, first-person accounts and myth-busting facts, this is a must-have for teens!
An inclusive, frank and funny illustrated guide to navigating consent for tweens and teens of all genders, from the award-winning authors of WELCOME TO YOUR PERIOD!
Packed with reassuring advice on how to say...

EDITION Paperback

As a school teacher, I'm always talking to the students about consent - so when I saw this book I jumped at the chance to read an early review copy. I wasn't expecting the book to be so long!! When it says it's about consent - literally that is it - for almost 200 pages!! I think this book really dragged at times, and would have been so much better if it was 100 pages, and just more concise. The book is aimed at 9-12 year olds, and I honestly can't see this age group reading every page! The book is informative - but just so repetitive because of how long it is! The illustrations are great, and do help somewhat to break up all the text. Overall this is a good book - but just think it's far too long and draggy. More precise and concise would have been a lot better!