Impossible

Pub Date 17 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #LoveImpossible #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

This isn’t a love story. This is Impossible.

Discover the book with the impossible twist, coming March 2022 . . .

‘Holy s***. This book. I loved everything about it. The zingy dialogue, the romance, the suspense . . . It’s a love story of the greatest kind’ Gillian McAllister

'What an absolute joy of a book! Witty, engaging and so emotionally resonant, Impossible is the book we all need right now!’ Sarah Pinborough

***

Nick: Failed writer. Failed husband. Dog owner.

Bee: Serial dater. Dress maker. Pringles enthusiast.

One day, their paths cross over a misdirected email. The connection is instant, electric. They feel like they’ve known each other all their lives.

Nick buys a new suit, gets on a train. Bee steps away from her desk, sets off to meet him under the clock at Euston station.

Think you know how the rest of the story goes? They did too . . .

But this is a story with more twists than most. This is Impossible.

THE OBSESSION BEGINS NOW.
IT CONTINUES IN HARDBACK IN MARCH 2022.
*PRE-ORDER NOW*

This isn’t a love story. This is Impossible.

Discover the book with the impossible twist, coming March 2022 . . .

‘Holy s***. This book. I loved everything about it. The zingy...

I found this book so enjoyable to read, it was a good story, the characters were good and i loved the current elements of it with a misdirected email especially in our world when technology is king. I was gripped and I didnt want to put it down.

Bee and Nick's connection is instant when he sends her an angry email accidentally, mistaking her for a non-paying client. The first part of the book was so beautifully written. My only concern was - what happens when they meet? We're not even a third of the way through and they're clearly meant for each other. What if it's really boring? Oh boy. No massive spoilers, but Bee and Nick can never meet! I love alternative universe romances such as The Versions of Us and The Post-Birthday World, but this one takes the metaphysical cake. With elements of more recognisable missed-connection novels like One Day and Miss You, Impossible introduces us to alternative versions of Bee and Nick. Bee's avatar is Becca - slim, glamorous and a mother, all of which sounds good to her until she realises Becca is the victim of her gaslighting, potentially murderous hubby. Nick's proxy is Nicolas, a successful cosy crime writer, while Nick is stuck in the ghostwriting salt mines after his first novel, a piece of cringy 1990s 'dick lit' bombed at the bookshops. The two try to make it work with their new loves, but it's the originals they're craving. Can they ever meet in the same universe? This is a head-melting banger with some great laughs and unforgettable characters - not just Nick and Bee, but their pets, the somewhat eccentric Geoffrey, Nick's Eastern European landlady and best friend Leila who appears in both universes (again, once as a mother and once as a highly successful accountant). The novel has interesting things to say about motherhood and maternal ambivalence, but it has great insights into everything! One of my top picks for next year and it comes out on the day before my birthday. I'll be ordering it for myself.

This isn't a love story. This is Impossible. When Bee receives a very expletive angry email sent to her by mistake, the last thing she expects is to end up talking to the mystery sender every day. She doesn't expect him to be so funny, to trust him, and she definitely didn't expect to fall for someone over gmail. When Nick sends a threatening email to the wrong person, he doesn't know he's about to fall in love. But despite how perfect his new penpal seems, something doesn't quite add up. She doesn't know there's 22 platforms at Euston station, despite living nearby. She keeps saying pounds instead of euros. She has no idea who his favourite actors are. And when it's finally time to meet up … they realise their relationship isn't just complicated - it's impossible. Impossible is a love story unlike any other you'll ever read - gripping, beautiful and sure to stay in your head for quite some time. You'll fall in love with Bee and Nick right away, their bond formed to naturally right in front of our eyes, instant chemistry that translated even over emails and left my cheeks hurting from smiling so hard. Now, you'd expect a story that is told largely through messages to be slow and quiet, but this was anything but - flirty and fun, but brimming with adventure and intrigue. With crazy occurrences and scientific anomalies throwing curveballs at everything - with a quirky unique charm that is so individual and totally exciting. Electrifying and alluring all the way to the heartbreakingly epic denouement - this story is impossible to put down.

What a novel! This is totally not a book I would normally read but I was drawn in by the premise of the book and I have read some pretty heavy novels recently so really wanted something a bit lighter. Well a great choice I made to read this. I honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a book as much as I enjoyed this. Unfortunately spoilers prevent me from discussing the premise of the book too much however Bee and Nick make contact with each other over a misdirected email and begin a conversation....both of them lonely and looking for comfort. Whilst the relationship progresses, it becomes clear that they can never meet but the reason why will blow your mind! The story is told through the perspective of both Bee and Nick and a significant part of the novel is also told through the emails which they both share. I think this really works well here and there is a definite intimacy in reading the private correspondence between them. Although the novel could be described as light it does touch upon adultery, suicide, parenthood, domestic abuse etc so there are some hard hitting issues in addition to the romance. An excellent read for anyone looking for a fun novel to get lost in. Thanks to Harper Collins UK and Netgalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Oh my gosh I ADORED this. From the very first exchanged messages between the two main characters to the very last heartfelt words I lived this book. Bee and Nick face impossible odds but they do say love conquers all - whether it can in this case I'll leave you to find out for yourselves and I highly recommend that you do. I've been a fan of Sarah Lotz forever, Impossible is a departure for her whilst at the same time being exactly what you hope for in so many ways. I laughed and cried a bit during this story and I have never NEVER begged more whilst reading a book for it to have a happy ending. Did it? Well maybe. I mean nothing is impossible... Highly Recommended.

I absolutely loved this book! At first I thought it was a fairly standard romcom, a couple meet via email and it was nice but a bit boring. After the twist however it was compelling and I couldn't wait to read more.

Wow. Just. Wow. There were elements in 'Impossible' that challenged my imagination but I still found it an utterly compelling read. What starts as an accidental exchange of emails between two strangers develops into something very weird or utterly crazy. Suspending any strongly held beliefs will be the best way to appreciate this emotional book. Can't supply more than already in the synopsis or I'll be adding spoilers. Take a chance, this is excellent. Thank you Harper Fiction and NetGalley for the ARC, this review is my honest opinion and completely unbiased.

As usual in my reviews I will not rehash the plot - it would ruin it for you if I did in any case! I loved this book! An intruguing and well thought out plot, told from the POVs of the two main characters. It made me think about the possibilities explored in this book - something I've often wondered about... The characters of Nick and Bee - and their relationship - are really nicely observed and well written, you feel that you actually get to know them. Some great supporting characters - including dogs! - and sub-plots really add to the substance of the story. I really can't say anything more without giving away parts of the plot - but will pay it the ultimate compliment of putting it in my "to read again" category! My thanks to NetGalley and the publishers for an ARC. All opinions my own.

A fascinating idea, of parallel worlds and crossovers between them. Complicated, and sometimes confusing, I absolutely loved it. A very unusual love story, which kept me guessing right to the end. Which made me cry! No spoilers…!

Well this was absolutely amazing! What a fabulous concept for a story. It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking in equal measures! Not necessarily the normal type of book I would go for but I’m so pleased I did, I’d thoroughly recommend it to anyone!

I LOVED this! I don't normally read romance but when I read the premise it ticked all the right boxes and I was already seeing rave reviews online. I remember enjoying Sarah Lotz's three and similarly this executes its premise perfectly. Nick and Bee's lives intersect when he sends an email (or should that be imail?) to the wrong address and it lands in her inbox. There's a spark between them but when they decide to meet it quickly becomes clear something strange is happening and the chances of them ever meeting in real life are impossible. I won't spoil the rest, only to say the sci-fi lite twist is brilliantly done. What follows is an addictive read full of humour and great characterisation. I loved the back and forth emails and the dilemmas they encountered in trying to solve their predicament. I also really enjoyed the imaginative moments when we learnt what Nick's world was like but I'd have loved to see even more of that. Brilliant escapism and such an enjoyable read. Thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC in exchange for a fair review.

Wow! I devoured this book in 24 hours. It was funny, intriguing, painful, joyful and heartbreaking in equal measures. What starts out as a jolly, uplifting tale in part one soon morphs into something completely unexpected and without giving away spoilers I can say no more! Please read this!

Well….if you are looking for a book that will be “impossible” to put down, then this is one for you! Nick and Bee “meet” online when a misdirected email lands in an incorrect inbox. As they slowly get to know each other and open their lives to one another, it becomes apparent that they might just have something special brewing. Until they arrange to meet…. I was really surprised by the turn that the story too snd thought it was clever how the blurb didn’t give much away…… Would highly recommend, thank you NetGalley for my copy.

What a great story this is, well for the reader, not so much for the two main characters, which I adored, by the way. When a stray e-mail appeared in Bee’s inbox, it amused her, and she wrote back. The e-mails continued with ease between Nick and Bee as they had never experienced from anyone else before. It is difficult to write about a book sometimes when you are bursting with wanting to yell about it from the highest building. It is a great love story, laced with perfect banter and swooning moments. I hadn’t read anything about the story, I like to jump in, so I went along with it all. I got to know all about Nick, a lovely bloke with little self-esteem and Bee, who was aptly named because her life was so busy, and she buzzed with one lined humour. They hit it off straight away. Finally, they were going to meet. I was so excited but …………………… What a story this turns out to be. I was like, Noooooooooo! I liked these characters so much, but now it was like a story in a story! I laughed when they did and felt frustrated beyond words. There are some great characters and some dangerous consequences to consider. But how far would you go for your soul mate? I liked how the author brings in the moral element and crossing a line, no matter how well-intentioned, and that actions have consequences. But could you give up on the perfect connection with someone? This book had my heart sink and soar, race and nearly burst. It is a curl your toes love story, highly recommended. I wish to thank the publisher and Net Galley for an e-copy of this book, which I have reviewed honestly.

Thank you to Netgalley for this ARC. A brilliant read that kept me interested throughout. The characters were very likeable and felt like real people, the story was great and the plot twists were perfect! 10/10

A book of absolute genuine beauty - the storyline, the characters and the writing. Absolutely mesmerising with some real twists and turns to keep the reader on their toes, this is a definite top read for me, and one I will come back to again. Highly recommended.

Utterly brilliant! I could not put this down and was so gripped by what starts out as just a normal love story but soon you realise it is impossible… One of the best books I have read in a long time! It blurs the lines between romance and Sci-fi so well and I would love to see it on the small/big screen one day. Review to come closer to publication but it is fantastic!

Such a cracking read. It completely engrossed me for three days. The writing knocked my socks off and the story blew my mind, so it’s easy to see why so many authors are saying it’s a book they wish they’d written. Funny, romantic, heartbreaking at times and nail-biting too, it’s a proper “Oh my god, how will they ever get together?!?’ read. I loved it.

Such a hard book to review because I find it is still stuck in my brain/heart! I loved the premise of the book whereby communication between 2 timelines/realities occurs via email and the clever detail of how those world diverge at certain points in each characters lives. The love story was beautifully played out, modern insofar as internet dating is the new normal and yet still evocative of old style romances (meeting under a station clock is timeless!). An absolutely amazing read!