A Stranger On Board

Pub Date 23 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 15 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AStrangeronBoard #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. A luxury superyacht. And a killer picking you off, one by one . . .

The twist-filled summer thriller perfect for fans of T.M. Logan's The Holiday and Lucy Clarke's The Castaways

'Fast-paced, gripping and intense - A Stranger on Board is going to make waves this summer' T.M. LOGAN
________

When ex-marine Sarah French joins a luxury superyacht as on-board security, she's excited to get her life - and career - back on track.

Surrounded by crystal waters, it seems like the perfect place to start over.

As they head into open water, though, tensions between the crew quickly build. And when someone goes missing, Sarah has a terrifying realisation.

One of them is a killer. All of them are suspects.

To protect the other passengers, Sarah needs to uncover the killer's identity, and return the boat safely to shore.

But there's a storm on the horizon - and not all of them will make it out alive . . .
________

READERS LOVE A STRANGER ON BOARD!

'What a tense, breath-taking read! Amazing' 5***** Reader Review
'Loved every page of this - was hooked from the start!' 5***** Reader Review
'A fantastic, fast-paced story with enough intrigue to keep you gripped and guessing until that final climax!' 5***** Reader Review
'This book gripped me and had me hooked until the very last page' 5***** Reader Review

Send to Kindle (PDF)

What a tense, breath-taking read! Sarah, a former marine, thinks she's helping out a friend, acting as security on a superyacht delivery to Antigua for a mystery multi- millionaire. Planning some quiet thinking time, recovering from her trauma, little does she know the simmering resentment and dark plotting that exists within the crew. Wary of them at first, she gradually lets her guard down, only to find a series of horrifying accidents and bad luck befalling the boat. Is the boat cursed or is there foul play afoot? She is determined to find out with fatal consequences. Amazing.

Loved every page of this one! Was hooked from the start! Loved the all important female lead cast above the boat! Loved the why the writer had written, look forward to more from this author.

I really enjoyed this - its different! Ex Royal Marine, Sarah, is asked to be security on a £200 million yacht for 'insurance purposes'. Soon after setting sail things start to go wrong and the ship has set sail with a whole load of maintenance issues. However, it soon becomes apparent more is going on here and then members of the crew start disappearing. Sarah has her work cut out for her as all of the crew seem to have secrets and agendas of their own.

As I was reading this initially I found I wasn't interested in many of the characters- they aren't very likable on the whole. But as time went on I was really intrigued. I loved the end and having a strong female lead. The story was really unique and a great idea. It really got me thinking about the super rich too.

Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Very well-written with some fantastic and rounded characters. The descriptions of the yacht and the crew are deliciously detailed and the tension on the boat grows with every passing day until it reaches fever pitch.

Set on a luxurious yacht where a killer is picking people off one by one. Wow a total page Turner that keeps you engrossed and constantly keeping you turning the page.

I really enjoyed this book, I am a big fan for murder mystery genre books and this was on my list to read. The characters were somewhat enjoyable and different, some I rooted for and was constantly guessing.

Halfway in the book I was sure I knew who the killer was but I was proven wrong. Finished in a couple of hours and wow one of my favourite books I’ve read.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an arc copy in exchange for my honest review.

A Stranger On Board by Cameron Ward
Publish Date: 23 June 2022
NO SPOILERS

WOW! I loved this book.
I so enjoyed this thriller/murder set on board a superyacht heading for Antigua. The character I had respect for was the protagonist, ex marine Sarah French. a feisty, independent and damaged lady. I enjoyed Ward's writing style, quick dialogue and funny in times of danger. I enjoyed my adventure on the high seas with Sarah and the crew.

I would definitely recommend this book, a bit far fetched in parts, but it was like a Bond movie, you take it as it comes and enjoy!

I give a 5 star rating

I WANT TO THANK NETGALLEY FOR THE OPPORTUNITY OF READING AN ADVANCED COPY OF THIS BOOK FOR AN HONEST REVIEW.