The Second Marriage

An utterly gripping psychological thriller

Narrated by Rosamund Hine

Pub Date 3 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 3 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheSecondMarriage #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘They’re lying,’ my little stepson whispers, his blue eyes shining with tears as I tuck him into bed for the first time. ‘They think I’ve forgotten, but I remember everything. I know my mummy is still alive.’

My best friend warned me that it was too soon to marry Edward, a widower with an adorable but troubled little boy. She said we were moving too fast. But all I could see was a kind, loving man, struggling with grief, who needed my help.

Yet as storm clouds gather above our small wedding ceremony, my hopes and dreams fall apart. None of my husband’s family turn up to support us. Instead of a honeymoon, we have a quiet night in. My wedding bouquet is placed on his first wife’s grave. And then my new stepson tells me he’s sure his mother is still alive.

What does Noah remember and why is his father trying to make him forget? Have I been completely wrong about my husband? What happened to the woman who came before me, and how far will he go to stop me finding out the truth?

An utterly gripping, twisty psychological thriller, perfect for fans of Before I Go To Sleep, The Girl on the Train and Gone Girl.

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged
ISBN 9781800199491
DURATION 9 Hours, 40 Minutes, 3 Seconds

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)