Cruel Deeds

Pub Date 3 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #CruelDeeds #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'A propulsive mystery that feels both fresh and assured' Catherine Ryan Howard

'Atmospheric and intriguing with a brilliantly relatable heroine and an explosive, gripping conclusion, nothing in Cruel Deeds is quite as it seems.' Sam Blake

'Thrilling ... a page turning read' Patricia Gibney

'Pacy, gripping and atmospheric ... a cracking read!' Andrea Carter

A SUCCESSFUL LAWYER IS FOUND MURDERED.
Finn Fitzpatrick barely knows Mandy Breslin from the firm where they both work. Mandy moves in the privileged world of the senior partners' clique. Finn keeps to herself.
But Mandy has secrets and, as Finn is drawn deeper into her dead colleague's life, she soon discovers that Mandy's not the only one at the firm hiding something.
As Finn uncovers a web of lies that comes very close to home, she quickly realises that Mandy's killer might be nearer than she thinks. Who wanted Mandy dead? And who can Finn turn to, when she can't trust anyone?

'Pacy, twisty and ingeniously plotted ... a real page-turner' T.M. Logan

'Money and greed, office gossip and secret affairs; twisty and pacy' Andrea Mara

'A propulsive mystery that feels both fresh and assured' Catherine Ryan Howard

I received an advanced reader’s copy in exchange for an honest review I loved this one. Very fast paced, had me turning pages as I tore through it – I had to see how it would end. The characters were well rounded and the narrative felt believable. Gave me chills. Solid five

I loved this book from the front cover, to the gripping storyline, to the well developed characters and the tense and unpredictable atmosphere it was so enjoyable. The pacing was so fast and really added to the atmosphere, I couldnt put it down and raced through it in one sitting. I really enjoyed it.

There are many Cruel Deeds here. A law firm bursting with secrets. A woman seen with another man. Disappearances. Lies. Murder. More secrets. After Mandy Breslin is murdered, Finn Fitzpatrick, a lawyer at the same firm, is asked to investigate Mandy’s death to clear the firm of any involvement. Finn has a big secret of her own. Six months earlier, she saw Mandy with a man who was not her husband. Mandy asked her to forget that it happened but now…could that mystery man be Mandy’s killer? Or could her death be related to the two men who came to the office to see Mandy the day after she was found dead? And who or what made Mandy so worried? Cruel Deeds is part mystery, part thriller with a touch of romance. It’s unputdownable with well described characters, especially Finn, Davy and Gabriel. The Cork setting is atmospheric and, as the characters remember her, Mandy’s presence haunts the story. The plot is well crafted and leads to a totally surprising ending. This is the second in a series, although it reads as a standalone. The first Finn Fitzpatrick mystery is Darkest Truth. I’ll be reading that while I wait for the next in this excellent series! 5 stars. Thank you to NetGalley, Hachette Books Ireland and Catherine Kirwan for this ARC.

Underhand Dealings In Droves.. Secrets, lies and underhand dealings in droves in this romantic suspense with an edge. Who to trust? That’s a good question, there are plenty of dubious elements here! With a solid protagonist and a colourful cast of credible characters this is an immersive read from the off and keeps hold of the reader throughout to a satisfying denouement.