The Muddlemoor Mysteries: The Book Club Bank Heist

Pub Date 3 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 31 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Muddlemoor #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

It is the holidays again and Joe Robinson and his cousins are back with Granny in Muddlemoor. The problem is... Muddlemoor is a hotspot for crime.

When Joe, Tom and Pip discover that a dangerous gang of robbers is hiding in the local area they start an investigation straightaway. But hang on a sec. Granny’s Book Group seems to be acting RATHER suspiciously. For one thing they NEVER talk about books and for another thing they keep going on about a local bank. Oh no! What if Granny’s Book Group are the true-life bank robbers? There’s only one thing for it. The cousins must stop Granny getting arrested, even if it means putting themselves in danger.

When Joe, Tom and Pip discover that a dangerous gang...

Praise for The Muddlemoor Mysteries: Peril at the Bake off:

'Forget Midsomer, Muddlemoor Village is a proper crime hotspot... The hunt for the missing recipe unfolds wonderfully and there’s a twist at the end that Agatha Christie would be proud of. Marta Kissi’s illustrations are really lovely too' LoveReading

Praise for The Muddlemoor Mysteries: Peril at the Bake off:

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

The Muddlemoor Mysteries is an old fashioned storybook yarn, harking back to the good old days. Do you remember the days when kids had to use their imagination, had time to go out and play, and respected and cared for their elders? It did put me in mind of the Famous Five adventures from yesteryear.
Some great words came up that I have not heard for a while in writing, like fibbing, mooching and football. Remember before it became fashionable to call it soccer, just to pander to some foreign country somewhere. Lol.
I did wonder at one point whether the author was being sponsored by Nestlé, the number of times KitKat and Fruit Pastilles got mentioned. Then again, so I have I, so do you think they might send me a box or two?
I loved the idea of Granny watching her favourite program, cul-de-sac. I am not sure whether this is a tongue-in-cheek homage to Crossroads, Coronation Street, or some other TV soap.
It is great to see the characters, Joe, Tom and Pip, with some spirit and adventure. The only time you will see Joe, Tom and Pip hanging around any street corner is when they are spying out for the bad guys and their hide-outs.
The Muddlemoor Mysteries is well written and has characters that leap off the page. The storyline is excellent, and the way the trio handle things is endearing and humorous. The pace never lets up for a moment, and there is a surprise or two along the way.
The Muddlemoor Mysteries has some marvellous illustrations throughout the book, and they really bring the story alive.
Reading the book was a pleasure and bought back some old memories. (I had a rusty old penknife in a tin, amongst other things, usually marbles, conkers and football playing cards.)
I enjoyed The Muddlemoor Mysteries, and I highly recommend it for the young and perhaps not so young.
Thank you, NetGalley and Andersen Press, for the ARC.