The Hidden Child

Narrated by Sarah Durham, Richard Burnip

Pub Date 24 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 24 Feb 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheHiddenChild #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Connie splashed through puddles, the rain slapping her face. Everywhere was tarmac and concrete, fog and drizzle, but no sign of her child. ‘Have you seen my daughter? Please, you must’ve seen her?’ Connie’s face crumpled, preparing to cry. But there wasn’t time for tears, she told herself, she had to find her child.

Manchester, England, 1965: In an instant Connie’s life has changed. She only left her daughter Kathy alone for a moment but that was enough for her to vanish without a trace. As Connie desperately searches for her, she has to put the news reports of other missing children to the back of her mind. She is determined to find her safe. She will bring her daughter home.

As local farmer Ronald listens to the news, he is shocked by what he hears. He has spent his life away from the spotlight, quietly tending to his farm. But when a young couple begin acting suspiciously on his land, he knows that trouble is about to reach his door.

And then he sees her. A girl in a bright red coat who looks completely lost. Ronald knows he needs to help keep her safe and find her family. But on the wild and desolate farmland, Ronald has buried his own dark secret. Can he risk it coming to light to save her life?

Inspired by a real-life true crime story, this is an unforgettable and totally gripping mystery thriller perfect for fans of Gregg Olsen, Elly Griffiths and Found.

(Previously titled: The Body on the Moor)

‘Can I give this more than 5 stars? WOW, WOW, WOW. I absolutely loved this book. It completely blew my mind… I have not been able to stop thinking about it… I devoured this in one sitting… Magnificent.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I can’t begin to tell you how much I loved this book… it kept me on the edge of my seat… stunning!’ Mychestnutreadingtree, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I absolutely loved this… sucked me in from the beginning and didn’t let go until I finished! Absolutely unputdownable… you won't want to miss this!’ @oh.happy.reading, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EDITION Audiobook, Unabridged

NetGalley Shelf App (AUDIO)