Under the Same Stars

Pub Date 21 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 21 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #UndertheSameStars #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'Beautifully written, with such heart. Not only did it make me cry, it made me see the world in a different way'
JOANNA CANNON

Find escape with the beautiful, moving debut novel from
Sunday Times-bestselling author Alexandra Heminsley, a stunning story of sisterhood and wilderness.

Clara Seymour is trying to find her feet in London, living away from home for the first time. Brought up by her domineering mother, treasuring time any time with her adoring father, Clara's world is brought to a standstill when her dad abruptly dies.

Then, a mystery comes to light in a letter from him.

I am sure you are aware that before I met your mother I had a previous marriage. But what we never discussed is that we had a daughter.

So begins a journey of discovery that takes Clara to remote Norway and a landscape as brutal as it is bewitching, a voyage fraught with personal and emotional danger to reveal who her father really was - and find the sister she's never met.

JOANNA CANNON