Lily Bennett’s Bucket List

Pub Date 9 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set

The most life-affirming and uplifting debut you will read this year. Perfect for fans of Jill Mansell, Fiona Gibson and Clare Pooley.

What would Lily Bennett do?

This is the question Lydia Grey finds herself asking when she discovers Lily’s bucket list at the bottom of her shopping trolley. Having just run into her ex – and his supermodel gorgeous new girlfriend – while doing the walk of shame, Lydia’s discovery takes her down an unexpected path…and into the company of Jake Jones.

Jake mistakes Lydia for Lily when he offers to help her complete the list, but tempted to be someone – anyone – other than plain old Lydia Grey for once in her life, Lydia doesn’t correct him.

Now, as each new adventure brings Lydia and Jake closer, her lie threatens everything. To complete the list she’ll need to tackle #9: ‘do the scariest thing you can think of’, but how can she do that when the scariest thing she can think of is telling Jake the truth…which could mean losing him forever?

This is the...

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9780008531980

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A really lovely read. Lydia's life is not going well after her husband of twenty years leaves her and she moves back in with her parents,,after she sees him with his new girlfriend she is naturally upset but after finding a bucket list in the bottom of a supermarket trolley she decides to step out of her comfort zone and complete Lily's list.The story is full of humour as she works her way through the list especially as she finds a fine Male friend to join her. Can she get over her husband's betrayal and win him back or will she eventually get over him and find a new love its really fun finding out,

I received a free e-arc of this book through Netgalley.
The idea of a bucket list has always intrigued me and this might actually get me to make one of my own. Lydia Grey finds a stranger's bucket list and decides to mark it off since her own life has not been full of adventure or fun. She is stuck and still in love with her soon to be ex-husband Adam who left her two years ago. Following the bucket list goes better than planned and Lydia even finds a hottie new friend Jake to do the list with her. What follows is pretty predictable, but it's good rom com with lots of tasty food and a houseful of Polish family and friends. It feels like an authentic story.

Adam, Lydia’s husband, has found a new partner and deserted her, leaving Lydia feeling lost and alone unable to move on. She has tried internet dating, but still loving her husband, hasn’t succeeded in finding a new partner.
When Lydia discovers Lily Bennett’s bucket list at the bottom of a shopping trolley, it seems filled with adventure and challenges. Accompanied by Jake, a newfound friend, Lydia decides to try and complete the list and hopefully get back with her husband.
Although Lydia has experienced tricky situations with several previous internet partners, the book has a humorous tone which I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked all the characters; Lydia, who feels lost back living with her family, Aga, her Polish domineering mother has lots of attitude, and is hilarious in her strong-minded views, all the family bring humour but also pathos to the plot.
I felt empathy for Lydia wanting to become more adventurous, attempting the difficult challenges encouraged by Jake who believes that Lydia is Lily Bennett. But Jake also has secrets of his own.
The book is about Lydia’s journey into finding herself, gaining courage, families and romance. Although the plot was a little drawn out in places, I enjoyed reading Katherine Dyson’s first novel, and hope there are more to come.

Oh this book was perfect!!!! So beautifully written and unbelievably uplifting!!! I love books where bucket lists are involved and the slight twist to this story made it all the more enjoyable! I can’t wait to read more by this author

What a beautifully written book, a perfect holiday read. Lydia’s husband has undermined her confidence by always trying to change her. When he walks out wanting a divorce Lydia is In total shock. She ends up losing her home and moving in with her mother feeling very lonely as her daughter flies off for her year abroad. When she finds the bucket list in the shopping trolley she decides following this might maker her more adventurous and fun. any maybe help her get her husband back.

I really liked Lydia and her daughter Ollie and I wanted her to find the person she was not the person her ex had made her into. Then she meets Jake who wants to help her complete the bucket list and thats when the story really takes off and becomes entertaining. Lydia’s family and friends add so much to the story too. This is a book with a bit of everything, humour, sadness, misunderstandings and an ending I really loved.

Loved this story from beginning to end and find it really easy to relate to. Well worth reading this one and thank you Katherine Dyson for offering this up!

When Lydia finds a bucket list at the bottom of her shopping trolley, she is determined to attempt each item on the list. I mean what could go wrong when you are following someone else’s dreams.

Lighthearted and fun. This was an enjoyable read. I look forward to more from this author.

It was a lovely summer read, it was a flowing story! She finds a list, and then she decides to go ahead and do it along with Jake. Definitely a good read.

Such a lovely, uplifting story with relateable and likable characters that I know I am going to miss.
The only negative points I have are the repetivity of Ollie's dimples popping when she smiled, everyone smiling so widely their eyes all but disappeared and everyone brushing their hair off their faces, but I know this is very pedantic of me!

This was such a cute and charming read! I loved watching Lydia’s growth throughout this book and was rooting for her! Overall, I really enjoyed this book! I look forward to reading more from Katherine Dyson! Definitely add this to your tbr list!

Look for this book September 9, 2022

Thank you to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK, One More Chapter for this arc!

Lydia finds a bucket list at the bottom of her trolley. As she's had a rough time and everybody thinks she wont do anything adventurous she decides to do the things on Lily Bennet's list. She meets Jake and they decide to do the list together

What a lovely summery read. I cried tears of happiness at the end. Lydia is being divorced by her husband who was always criticising her. She finds a Bucket List in her shopping trolley and decides to attempt all of them. She meets Jake online and they decide to do them together. It’s a story of finding yourself and finding your life partner. Lydia’s family are lovely. I don’t want to give too much away but I firmly suggest you read it.

Lily Bennett's Bucket List by K. Dyson, published by Harper Collins and One More Chapter, is a witty and fun read.
Lydia is a divorced single mom, a bit lost and hasn't much to show. Her ex-husband has a brand new shiny girlfriend and she has a Lily Bennet's Bucket List, found in a shopping trolley.
Jack Jones, a starnger, in general a good guy mistakes her for Lily and together they're on the journey to check the bucket list together.
A great debut, well written, suspenseful, a read in one sitting book, 4,5 stars.

This is an immensely enjoyable book. When Lydia finds another woman’s bucket list and decides to complete it she has no idea of the adventures she will have. Lydia has a close family, and her mother is hilarious! The ending is particularly moving. I can’t wait for the next book by Katherine Dyson.

Review coming nearer to pub date.

Thanks to Katherine Dyson, HarperCollinsUK, One More Chapter, and NetGalley for the review copy.

Opinions are mine.

Thank you to One More Chapter, Harper Collins Canada and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this absolutely delightful ebook.

I haven’t been so excited to read a book like this in a long time. These characters just pulled me into their amazing group of love and friendship making me feel like I belonged there with them. Never before have I felt like I was part of a story until this book.

You will be overjoyed with their happiness and your heart will hurt for them. There is a lovely mixture of humour and a bossy mother that makes you want to be adopted. I don’t know how the author did it but I was entranced with the story and simply could set it down. Reading until my husband’s alarm went. Now I can go to sleep with a big smile on my face and faith in love and happy endings.

Lily Bennett’s Bucket List by Katherine Dyson is one amazing debut novel!

This was such an enjoyable read.

Dyson includes a great cast of characters who are extremely likeable. They put a smile on my face and had me truly enjoying their company!
I found this book to be really fun and enjoyable.
This was such a fun, delightful, and adorable read. I finished this in less than 24 hours because I couldn’t put it down. I loved the writing style, the magic, loved just about everything.
The story was just phenomenal and honestly I couldn't get enough of it!
I can't wait to read more from this awesome author!

“I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.”

One More Chapter,
Thank You for your generosity and gifting me a copy of this amazing eARC!

Such a great premise! Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to review this book!
Full review to follow here and on blog. Looks so interesting full of great characters and an
intriguing storyline this seems like it will make a great summer read!