The Half-Known Life

What Matters Most When You're Running Out of Time

Pub Date 19 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 5 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheHalfKnownLife #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"I'm going down now," I said to a young woman a few seconds before the darkness-my first cardiac arrest. As I returned to work as a behavioral coach, it became maddening to hear about all-consuming, everyday problems and misguided priorities while I fought to merely remain conscious.

The Half-Known Life challenges conventional thinking of success, identity, and personal change. Most often, truly profound change happens following events that shake someone to their core-a car accident, death of a family member, or cardiac arrest that pulls them into a moment of clarity. Priorities change when time becomes precious. Problems look different when you have no energy left to give them. Why wait until you're burnt out or for a life-changing event to occur before getting real about your life? Who are you when all of the accolades and accomplishments are gone? What does how you manage your time say about what's important to you-about what matters most? Get out of your head and get into your life, before it slips away.

Send to Kindle (EPUB)