A Starlit Trip to the Library

Pub Date 27 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Chouette Publishing, CrackBoom! Books

Talking about this book? Use #AStarlitTriptotheLibrary #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Sail to the library under the stars in this twinkling sequel to How to Catch a Bear Who Loves to Read.

One gentle summer evening, Julia is camping out in the forest with her animal friends. Everyone gathers for the night’s most eagerly awaited event: story time by the campfire. But when Julia digs through her bag, she discovers . . . that she has forgotten to bring her book!

Will Julia and her friends have to go to bed without a story? Or will they bravely join Bertrand, the bear who loves to read, in navigating to his favorite book scavenging spot?

An ode to libraries and librarians, this scintillating new adventure will captivate readers of all ages with its vivid, enchanting illustrations. As the poet Emily Dickinson once wrote, there is no boat like a book to bear us lands away.

As a bonus, A Starlit Trip to the Library includes the lyrics to “Julia’s Song”–– an original lullaby written and composed by co-author Andrew Katz and performed by Taes Leavitt, aka Boots from the two-time JUNO Award-winning children’s music duo SPLASH’N BOOTS. A link to the song video is included at the back of the book, and the song is also available on music streaming services.

This book was darling. The illustrations really made the characters come to live. I love the adventure of them going to find a book for a bedtime story. I think this is a perfect length book to read to a little one to hold their attention but still get a complete station.

The artwork is beautiful. The story is simple and comforting, with gentle adventure and a love of reading. Some of the characters have distinctive voices- adults may be a little annoyed by Bertrand's pompousness, but children may well love him. The little bit at the end of the book about constellations was interesting, and may spark children to explore astronomy further.

The addition of a song which can be played on YouTube was an unexpected surprise.

A super-special heartwarming and inspiring children's tale, this is the sequel to HOW TO CATCH A BEAR WHO LOVES TO READ. A delightful union of child, animals, bedtime stories-'and a "Night Library!" A warm, inspiring, and very joyful tale!

This book is awesome. The illustrations are amazing and the story is so cute. I will definitely be buying a copy of this book for my collection. I really enjoyed it and the kids did too.

A Starlit Trip to the Library was such a lovely, escapist story of Julia and her animal friends!! This would be the perfect bedtime story, a real treat. It wasn't really scary either. Beautiful illustrations. I liked the use of astrology and constellations. The song at the end was a neat addition too.

Thank you #Netgalley and Chouette Publishing for an arc of this book.

'A Starlit Trip to the Library' tells of a girl and her animal friends' trip through the woods to visit a special nighttime library in search of a bedtime story to read around the campfire. With interesting anecdotes about star-guided navigation, the magic of libraries and librarians, and lots of new words for young readers, as a bookseller I'd recommend this book. The fairytale illustrations are lush and vibrant, with especially beautiful endpapers.

I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

The illustrations in this book are so vibrant! The constellations are captivating, and I like theat there's a note about animals in the stars after the story. The story is a cute simple tale about taking a trip to the library at night. You only evern see Julia the human, and the rest are animals. Fun read!

This was an enchanting story where a girl goes on a journey down the river with a bear to find some new books. The art was perfect, and I felt like I was right there with her on this fun adventure.

One of the most stunning illustrations I have ever seen for a picture book. For a child's book I found some of the words to be big ones depends if this book is read to them or on their own. Beautiful story about friendship and books. So well done.

A really sweet children’s book. The illustrations were perfection. Loved the story. Would recommend without doubt.

Amazing illustrations that transport the reader to a magical world with a bear and a little girl, both eager to read and friends of books. It is just the perfect bedtime story for every child.
I liked the explanation about constellation at the end of the book. Everything is so beautiful explained that it will be so easy for the kids to memorize this. I have also listened to Julia’s song on YT and followed the verse at the end of the book. Simply enchanting.

A Starlit Trip to the Library is a wholesome book filled with beautiful illustrations. A fantastic story for all to enjoy.

Ⓑⓞⓞⓚ Ⓡⓔⓥⓘⓔⓦ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

𝑨 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒕 𝑻𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒚
By Andrew Kats, Juliana Léveillé-Trudel
Illustrated by Joseph Sherman
Children’s Picture Book
44 Pages

Sʜᴏᴿᴛ Sʏɴᴏᴘsɪs

Julia is camping with her forest friends, who are excited to hear a bedtime story. When she realizes she forgot a book, another animal friend takes them to the night library.

Mʸ Tᴴᴼᵁᴳᴴᵀs

A Starlit Trip to the Library is a fun book. The illustrations are delightful, with all the cute little forest critters having a fun night in the forest. The colors are calming as well as eye-appealing.

A couple of my favorite things are animals and books. A Starlit Trip to the Library combinesbith. The animals wanting a bedtime story is adorable. The idea of an outside librarian providing books is a happy thought.

If I had grandchildren, I’d read this to them for sure.

Thank you to NetGalley, the author, and the publisher, for providing this ebook for me to read and review.

The illustrations in this book are gorgeous! There is a lot of great vocabulary in the book and we enjoyed the story. It combined many of our favorite things; camping, animals, astronomy, and books. I’ll be recommending this book for our public library.

This book is full of adorable illustrations and fun forest animals. This is the perfect bedtime story for any young children. I would recommend this book for any elementary aged library.

Thank you to Chouette Publishing and NetGalley for the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

A beautifully illustrated, sweet bedtime story for ages 2-6.
A mix of animal and human characters use the stars to navigate down a river to get to the library. A nice read.

Adorable illustrations with a great story. The perfect bedtime story for little readers. It’s a cute story to enjoy together before bed or anytime. I know my toddler would love this story no matter what time of day!

Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for a digital review copy.

A lovely story about the power of books and how they can bring people together.
The illustrations and colours really add to the joy of this book.

This book is an adorable journey that brings together the wonderful outdoors and my favorite place: the library.

Through a grand adventure to the library, this group of friends learn more about the world around them and how to work at the team.

The illustrations within the book are also gorgeous. These type of books are perfect for my children just learning to read because they can tell their own stories by looking at the many details available on each page.

4.5 Stars
Julia and her friends (cute little animals) are camping in the forest. They ask her to read a bedtime story, and Julia discovers that she doesn’t have a book with her.
Luckily, another friend, Bertrand, the sailor bear, comes by and asks Julia to join him. He is on his way to the library! The group sails through the forest using stars as a guide and reaches the majestic library where Olga, the owl, is a librarian. Do Julia and her friends find the book they want?
This is a super cute story with fabulous illustrations. It’s a sequel but that wasn’t a problem. The story works as a standalone. There’s an explanation about the constellations at the end followed by the lyrics to Julia’s song.
My only issue with the book is that even questions are tagged as ‘said’. It would have been better to use different words to get the detail right. Complex words shouldn’t be a problem as Bertrand speaks almost like a royal and uses difficult words. If kids can understand that, they can easily understand words like asked, questioned, inquired, etc.
Overall, the story is beautiful and the illustrations are perfect for bedtime reading. They have a magical quality.
I received an ARC from NetGalley, Chouette Publishing, and CrackBoom! Books and am voluntarily leaving a review.

This light, cute story is full of colorful illustrations and sweet friendship with animals. What struck me the most was the colors. The pictures told much of the story while the text grounded the story. All the characters were cute and sweet. I would definitely add this title to my school library.

A cute story about Julia and her friends Frieda, Abigail, Scotty, and Bertrand who embark on a trip via river to the library to find a bedtime story to read on their camping trip. The illustrations are whimsical and vibrant; the vocabulary offered for kids could be a bit challenging if reading the story on their own, but is perfect for a read along. I also enjoyed how the animal constellations were pointed out and talked about during the course of the story.

I don't know how one would want more out of a children's book than this one. It has it all! A great story, a child whose great friends are animals, camping, a journey, going to get books and throwing in teaching about constellations!

I adored this book! Julia has friends, animals friends, and brilliantly illustrated by Joseph Sherman who take us on a journey on a raft through a beautiful nightime setting of constellations and a campfire where Julia makes a crown of flowers for her friend Abigal the beaver, they had me there. And the A frame house glowing, the whole book glows with this luminesense of the feeling of being out at night and looking out when it's dark and if a building is lit up it glows, Joseph Sherman captured that. The colors, my goodness the colors. I am going to buy this book for every child I know. It's a great story but for a bedtime story magnificent.

Julia then goes on an adventure with the menagerie of her beautiful friends with aa tent decorated with flowers, a bear with a captains hat, an owl for a librarian and magic. It has nature, animals, books, adventure and as I said constellations thrown in. It's everything I'd want in a children's magical book. I'm sold. I want to buy many.

I want to thank NetGalley and the publisher, CrackBoom Books for the opportunity to read and review A Starlit Trip to the Library by Andrew Katz, Juliana Levelle-Truedel, illustrated by Joseph Sherman.

I'm now off to see everything Joseph Sherman has illustrated. :)

5 stars

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an e-arc in exchange for an honest review.

I read this with my 10-year-old daughter who loves illustrations. She gave this 5 stars because she loved the art style, and she enjoyed the little adventure that Julia had with her animal friends. For her, this was a perfect bedtime story. The song at the end was a good little addition as well.

For me personally, I loved the art style too. Or reminded me of some of the picture books I had when I was a kid.

A Starlit Trip to the Library by Andrew Katz and Juliana Leveille-Trudel
Children’s book

I read this to both my 3 and 5 year old and they both really enjoyed this book. A story about Julia and her animal friends who go on a quest for their bedtime story book.
This book is beautifully illustrated and kept the kids attention and then some. My 3 year olds favorite part was the bear and my 5 year olds was the sailing!

I highly recommend buying this book when it comes out September 6.

This is childrens book for 3- 5 years old. The story is about Julia and her animal friends looking for book. The illustrations are beautiful and bright and really draw you in. A lovely story that I think lots of children will enjoy.
Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this book.

This was a fun and easy read about a young girl, Julia, and her animal friends camping in the woods, about to read bedtime stories when they discover she forgot her books at home! Their bear friend Bertrand shows up and takes them on a magical journey to the library, pointing out stars and constellations on the way there. This was a fun book about loving stories, especially at bedtime, and the excitement that the library holds. The illustrations were fun and had a Disney feel to them. I would definitely recommend this to my nieces and my library.

What child does not like to go to the library? In this book, Julia and her friends Frieda the Skunk, Scotty the Squirrel and Abigail the Groundhog, are camping out in the woods, when their friend Bertrand the Bear poles down the stream and stops to visit. Julia has forgotten her book, so Bertrand offers to take them to the midnight library.

This is a lovely book. Lacking any small children, I read it to my three dogs who seemed to enjoy it. I recommend this for any parent with young children. The illustrations are lovely, the story is completely charming and the book makes it easy to use voices for the different characters. It is just the right length for a bedtime story.

Thanks to Chouette Publishing and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review a pre-publication copy of this book.

A Starlit Trip to the Library is written by Andrew Katz and Juliana Léveillé-Trudel, with illustrations from Joseph Sherman. First off, the cover for this is absolutely enchanting! I had to read it. Even better though, is the art contained inside, it is ✨ magical ✨!

This story follows Julia and her forest friends as she sets sail on an expedition to find a bedtime story. It’s an all-around charmer and there’s no foes to be found.

There are also some fun extras at the end which enhance the story and reading experience. I’m sure this will become a treasured bedtime favourite to many.

Thank you to NetGalley for providing a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

I really liked this book and all the characters. Great flow of story.

The pictures that went with the book were well done. I really liked them. They were also super colorful which was nice.

Overall, I would read more by this author and would love to see other stories that followed these characters.

A Starlit Trip to the Library begins with out intrepid heroine Julia and her forest friends, camping in the woods. When it comes time for a bedtime story, they cannot find a book to read. Luckily their friend Bertrand comes to help save the day, and takes them on a starlit journey to the library.

This cute book with vibrant and fun illustrations makes it a perfect bedtime story for reading to little ones. Not only does it teach about constellations, but it gives an opportunity for adults to share some more advanced vocabulary items with the children they are reading to.

This is a perfect addition to any library, whether public or personal.

Thank you to NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for the free eARC for this honest and unbiased review.

Such a fun read! I loved the idea of a Night library. The illustrations are gorgeous, full of colour, full of details, full of life.
Good continuity to How to catch a bear who loves to read!

So many teachable moments in this read aloud! Stars, the night sky, animal habitats, friendships, they could build a raft using STEM materials... this is a great addition to any teacher's library!

In A Starlit Trip to the Library you'll go camping with young Julia and a vibrant cast of her forest friends. When Julia's books seem to go missing you'll embark on a fun and adventurous trip to library as Julia and Co. search for the perfect bedtime story.

This book will be beloved by children and parents alike. The illustrations are whimsical and eye catching and the story is engaging and fun. The prose are accessible for the young but elevated just enough so the book will be discussion inducing....I can just imagine my young nephews asking what "Indubitably" means! I love a story that doubles as entertainment and education and this one strikes the balance perfectly.

A Starlit Trip to the Library would make a happy addition to anyone's home library.

Very cute book.! I love that they incentivize kids to visit the library and are not afraid to use big words in the dialog.

A beautiful story perfect for bedtime. The story is a sweet adventure, perfect for book lovers and calm enough to settle any little one. The illustrations are beautiful and I loved the addition of the Animals Among The Stars information at the end.

I have a huge space fan at home so this was perfect and would be fit for any other space fans too!

Cute story and the illustrations were beautiful. Children will love all the animals and the adventure.

4⭐️!! This childrens bedtime story is such a cute adventure. The art is also so beautiful. The colors are so vibrant and the art style is so whimsical. I read this last night with my toddler and he loved pointing out all the cute animals. Highly reccomend as a cute, adventerous bedtime story for your young readers!

Thank you to NetGalley for access to a copy in exchange of an honest review.

Julia, a smart adorable little girl who loves to read books, is with her animal friends camping out in the forest underneath the stars. Her friends Scotty, the squirrel, Abigail the groundhog, and Frieda the skunk are all ready for the main event of the evening... storytime by the campfire. Julia goes to her bag to retrieve the book she chose to share and discovers she forgot to pack it. Oh my! Whatever shall they do now?

Luckily Bertrand, a kind bear who also adores books, is sailing his raft and navigating it to his favourite book-scavenging spot... the library! He kindly offers to have the group join his modest expedition. They board his raft and follow the nightly stars to their destination.

The night librarian, Olga, always leaves a generous selection of books outside behind the library for those who cannot acquire library cards. A book paradise awaits the motley crew and they dive into the boxes filled to overflowing with excellent books. Finally they secure the perfect book for their bedtime story. Bertrand and his crew board his raft once again and they sail homeward. While afloat Julia opens up the much anticipated book and reads aloud as the friends gather close together to see each picture and drink in the accompanied story.

This tale will inspire a sense of wonder in its readers. It celebrates courage, friendship and the love of books. The illustrations are truly gorgeous. They are detailed, colourful and give you a sense that you are right there with the group participating in their exciting book adventure. I love the story and highly recommend it!

My 5 year old and I really enjoyed this story. It managed to feel cozy, but adventurous at the same time. My daughter loves learning new words so I appreciated the vocabulary in this book and how it used words you don’t necessarily see in children’s books often. The illustrations are perfect for the story and really elevate everything. And the ending with more details about constellations and Julia’s song really add to the fun of this book.

Thank you NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for the digital ARC!

Have you ever gone camping and forgotten your book? There is no worse feeling. Luckily, there is a friendly bear who often sails to the library at night and can take you along. This story is full of love for reading. The text can be a bit wordy at times, but the originality illustrations definitely make up for it. Plus, it was my first time seeing or hearing about the swan constellation!

A cute book about a trip to the library to find a story to read at night. I haven't read the first book (as this is a sequel), but it wasn't necessary! Very cute illustrations as well.

I received my copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the story, which featured a fun adventure involving Julia and her animal friends; the illustrations were so lovely. I'll have to get a copy of this book when it comes out!

Such a cute little story that could be used for several different topics in the classroom. Julia and her animal friends are having a campout in the forest but they can't go to sleep without a storybook. They go on an adventure to the library where they are able to get what they need. Along the way there is discussion about stars and constellations as well. Such a fun adventure with great illustrations!

Grateful to have received a digital copy of this book from NetGally & Chouette Publishing, CrackBoom! Books

Indubitably an enchantingly magical story of a young girl, Julia, and her forest friends. Julia reads to her friends at night to help them get to sleep. Her forest friends enjoy her fun voices and gentle way she reads them a good night story. On this particular night she forgets the bedtime book and…. the evening adventure ensues! The graphics are out of this world and are at a level with an animated short video. Will we be seeing A Starlite Trip to the Library on a streaming platform near us soon?! We surely hope so.

Loved this! This was a very cute entertaining read. My niece loved it and asked me to read over and over again. It also made her want to go camping!

This book is co-authored by Andrew Katz, Juliana Léveillé-Trudel with the intricate, colorful, fun illustrations done by Joseph Sherman.
Searching for a missing bedtime story, the friends travel together to the library where the wise librarian helps out. Along the way they even learn about some of the Constellation Myths as they navigate at night.
Read it TO a small one, WITH and older one, all by yourself, as an exercise in ESL!
I requested and received a free e-book copy from Chouette Publishing, CrackBoom! Books via NetGalley. Thank you!

I read this with my goddaughter and we both loved it! It's a perfect example of a story I would have loved and found magical as a child.

A Starlit Trip to the Library is a fun book taking you in an adventure with a little girl and her group of friends, a pack of animals, while they journey to find new books to read at night around the campfire. Bear leads the group on the journey down the river, through colorful pages as through many new discoveries until they reach the library. This book is a wonderful fantasy story that would be a perfect bedtime read for any family.

I acquired A Starlit Trip To The Library pre-release in exchange for an honest review

Makes me want to take a starlit trip to the library, but there isn't one for miles around here! despite being a sequel this really works as a standalone with a hint of a Story Makers vibe [please tell me you remember Story Maker?] and a very sweet lullaby tucked in at the end. All I will say is I want to go on a boat ride to the library in the middle of the night with my friends. A beautiful read.

What a fresh, fun read! There are lots of great picture books about reading and libraries, but none of them combine those topics with a camping trip, a river boating expedition, and a pirate bear who navigates by the stars. Add in a little girl who can "do the voices" and "read very softly at the end" and you've got a wonderfully unique story ready to become a bedtime classic for the next generation. The artwork is vibrant and gorgeous, and complements the words perfectly. I can't wait to order this for our elementary libraries as well as read it to my grandson at home!

Julia and her animal friends including Captain Bertrand head out on the water in search of a bedtime story, landing them at a library with a sweet surprise waiting. Beautifully illustrated childrens book full of adventure and friendship. A book about books can never fail. Indubitably

A cute story, a sweet girl, plenty of animals, lots of adventure and a special library – all ingredients for a perfect children’s picture book!

Julia is camping out with her forest friends. As the stars begin to twinkle, it is time for the most anticipated event – Storytelling by the firelight. Unfortunately, Julia discovers that she has forgotten her book at home. Just in time, Bertrand Bear comes sailing down the river, and together, Julia and the animals embark on an informative and a fun adventure, that includes learning about the constellations, saving one of the animals’ flower crown, and of course, a trip to the library with the coolest night librarian!

I was surprised to see how much the authors have been able to pack within this little picture book. While it is of the standard length, there is so much of action and adventure. Plus, there is some information about constellations, which adds to the educational factor.

This is a sequel to “How to Catch a Bear Who Loves to Read”. The characters thus show a great familiarity with each other. Of course, this doesn’t make any difference to the understanding of the story – it works perfectly as a standalone. But boy, would I love to get my hands on the first book!

There are a couple of difficult words such as ‘scintillating’ and ‘scavenging’. But I suppose these can be explained to little readers as this is meant to be a bedtime readaloud book. There are about 4-6 sentences per page and the text takes only a fourth or a fifth of each page. The rest has the illustrations. So there is plenty for kids to look at while their accompanying adult narrates the story to them. The illustrations deserve 10 stars. My digital version was such a delight, with full-coloured pages and vibrant artwork. The physical copy must be a treat for little eyes!

Recommended for little ones who want to embark on a magical adventure before bedtime. The book will suit ages 3-7.

4.5 stars.

My thanks to Chouette Publishing, CrackBoom! Books and NetGalley for the DRC of “A Starlit Trip to the Library”. This review is voluntary and contains my honest opinion about the book.

A beautiful story about a girl who befriends some forest animals. While they are having a campout, they realize their bedtime story is a missing. Bertrand shows up just in time to assist them! With his use of large words to increase vocabulary and his knowledge of navigating by the stars, young readers are taken on an adventure of learning and fun! Along with the words of the story, the pictures are beautiful, detailed and help to move the story throughout the pages. Thank you to NetGalley and Chouette Publishing for an advanced copy of this story! All thoughts and opinions are my own!

With thanks to the author, Chouette Publishing, and NetGalley for providing me with a digital ARC in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.

A wonderful, cosy book, perfect bedtime story material for my 7 and 9-year old daughters!

After discovering that she has forgotten to bring a book to read while out camping with her friends, Julia bumps into another friend Bertrand the bear and accompanies him on his raft, together with her other friends, on an adventure to reach the library in search of a book that she can read to them before bed. Once there, the night librarian Olga the Owl helps them find the perfect choice. Incidentally, Olga was a hoot (sorry!) in the way she complained about the unorganised way the day team had left the boxes of books for her to deal with, that she would now have to alphabetise!

It was great how the author referenced the star constellations for navigation in the story, and how this was subsequently explained in more detail after the story had ended. The illustrations were bright and colourful and some of the best I have seen in a children's book, and the inclusion (via QR code) of a song to accompany the book was a nice bonus. Top marks!

Do you know a child who loves to read and go to the library? If so, you should add this book to your collection immediately. This is a perfect bedtime story to read to a child or for a child to read to you. The entertaining story paired with the colorful illustrations will lull anyone to the sweetest of dreams.

There are so many wonderful things about this book that I’m not sure where to begin. A Starlit Trip to the Library is a story about a young girl named Julia who goes camping with her adorable animal friends: Frieda (a skunk), Abigail (a beaver) and Scotty (a squirrel). While gathered around the campfire, the animals ask Julia to read them a story. She searches through her backpack but her book is nowhere to be found. Just when Julia and her friends are feeling sad and disappointed, they hear a deep, growly voice singing nearby.

Soon, a boat arrives at the shore near the campground and out steps Julia’s friend, Captain Bertrand, a friendly bear who is, of all things, on his way to the library. He offers Julia, Frieda, Scotty, and Abigail a ride on his boat and they set sail for the library together in search of books.

Along the way, Captain Bertrand gives them lessons about the constellations they see in the sky as he navigates his boat. At the library they meet Olga the owl librarian who helps them choose some books before heading back to their campsite.

The interaction between the characters is natural and the animals are portrayed as Julia’s peers, rather than as pets or subordinates. It’s simply a wonderful story.

Not only is the story by Andrew Katz and Juliana Levielle-Trudel a treat for any child who loves a good reading adventure, but the whimsically wonderful illustrations by Joseph Sherman are alone worth the price of the book. Any child who loves books and/or animals will no doubt love A Starlit Trip to the Library.

A beautiful story with beautiful illustrations 😍. I'm really pleased to see the illustrations these were so gorgeous and stunning. The story setup is absolutely sweet and interesting specially the exploring library part and lastly I really loved all the characters in this book.

And again I'm saying this book has lovely illustrations (which is why I'm giving 5 stars) the kids will definitely love it.

Thanks to Netgalley and Chouette Publishing for giving me this lovely E-ARC.

A Starlit Trip to the Library is a cute book about a young girl and her animal companions. Tonight, they are camping but Julia has forgotten the bedtime story and who can sleep without a bedtime story? Luckily Bertrand the bear shows up just in time to captain their raft to the nighttime library where they should certainly find a good book to read.

This was a very cute book, with lots of animal characters and their love for a good story. While rafting downriver, they learn about navigation by the stars and more animals in the sky. The illustrations are detailed and fun and follow the story really well. I had not read book one, but I don't think that you need to in order to understand anything. It might have helped with learning who the characters were, but it was pretty clear.

I think parents and young readers will enjoy this bedtime adventure story about locating a bedtime story, especially if they like animals.

Review will be live on the blog closer to release date.

A starlit trip to the library is a cute story about a little girl who goes camping with her woodland friends only to discover she's left her book at home. Unable to sleep without a bedtime story the group go on a nighttime excursion to the library. They come away with a book that fits all their needs and wants in a story and the girl reads it perfectly to all her friends. I loved some of the humour in this book and would live to share this with children I work with! The illustrations are great and humorous too!

Love a trip to the library! The animal characters were so funny and I loved that each of them had a distinct personality. Scotty was definitely my favorite!

This was such a wonderful, heart-warming story.
Gave me feels.

I think this will be popular with kids, and a great introduction to visiting a library.

I really like books about books so I knew I would enjoy this one! The art and details are really nice, and I really enjoyed how quirky the characters were.

I loved this magical children's book, which is a story about a girl called Julia, who, along with her animal companions, take a trip outside in nature. When Julia realises she doesn't have her storybook with her to read at bed time, they go to a special magical library to find the perfect book for them to read around their camp fire.

This is a such a beautiful book, which has amazing illustrations and cute characters. My daughter and I really enjoyed it and we loved it so much!

Many thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book.

Julia is back in a new book! She's on a camping trip with done woodland friends, when she discovered she doesn't have a book to read at bedtime! Luckily, her bear friend, Bertrand, happens upon them on his way to the library, and she and her woodland pals get to tag along

This book is simply beautiful. The illustrations are bright, colorful, and gorgeous. The characters are cute and I do love a book about getting more books. The owl librarian is really leaning into the usual cartoon character stereotype, but she's pleasant and not snooty, so I can appreciate that.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy via NetGalley in return for sharing my thoughts on this book. Thanks to the author and publisher for this opportunity!

I received an electronic ARC from Chouette Publishing through NetGalley.
Adventure, camping, river voyages, library visit - Katz blends all of this to share with readers. Julia is camping out with her forest friends when she realizes she forgot the bedtime story book. Fortunately, her friend Bertrand offers help and they all journey to the library. The wise librarian finds the perfect book and everyone settles in to listen to the story as they journey back. I appreciate the information on constellations and navigating by the stars seamlessly woven in.
Charming story to delight younger readers. They will love the brightly colored illustrations that clearly show the energy and action as the text reveals what happens next on their trip. Don't miss the QR code at the end to hear the song written to go with the story.

Loved this book because the story revolves around the constellations. I really enjoy looking at the stars at night and have since I was a child. Kids will love all the adorable animals who befriend Julia. They are having a good time camping out when another friend drops by. Love the assortment of animals as it gives the impression of how diverse our own friends should be.
I received an advanced reader copy for free from NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving my review.

This is a cute picture book about a little girl who goes camping with her woodland friends only to discover she's left her book at home, meaning she cant read her friends a bedtime story. With everyone being unable to sleep, they go on a night time adventure to find a book.

There was a sweet humor in this book, it was cute and had gorgeous illustrations.

The illustrations in this book are so incredibly beautiful! I found myself scanning every inch of the page with each page turn. There were so many details to see and the art style will definitely be very appealing for kids. I thought that the story was cute and it was a nice way to have a short, simple adventure to follow. I can see myself reading this to kindergarteners and first graders that are just learning about the library and get really sucked into the illustrations. Overall, I think that this book would be a nice addition to any elementary library.

This is such an adorable little book. Even as an adult, it made me want to take my own starlit trip to the night library - what a novel idea!!

The illustrations in this book are beautiful - an starlit trip on a raft comes to life amazingly well.

On a serious note, i love books like these - that encourage children, not only to read, but that also espouse the wonders of a library and librarians. They are a treasure to our society and help so many people to improve their reading abilities and to just escape to magical worlds.

I loved it.

Thank you to Netgalley for giving me access to this book.