Titans of War

Pub Date 1 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #TitansofWar #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

AN UNSTOPPABLE ENEMY.

A CIVILISATION IN RUINS.

A QUEST FOR SALVATION.

For over fifty years Egypt has known nothing but war and devastation at the hands of the Hyksos, a bloodthirsty barbarian people from the distant east who continue to advance, crushing armies in their wake. Times are desperate, but throughout the conflict, a brave resistance fights on under the great Taita, a slave who has risen far beyond his ranks.

Piay, entrusted into Taita's care by his parents at the age of just five, has been trained to become a great spy, unmatched by any other. Determined to prove his worth, he embarks on a dangerous mission to the lands in the north - to Mycenae and through the heart of Hyksos land and across the great sea - to find allies to help defend Egypt. As the situation becomes increasingly precarious, and the fate of the kingdom is hanging in the balance, can Piay succeed in his quest or will this mean the end of the glory that is Egypt once and for all?

Global bestselling author of River God and The New Kingdom, Wilbur Smith, returns with the next epic book in his brand-new Ancient Egyptian series.

AN UNSTOPPABLE ENEMY.

A master storyteller

- Sunday Times

Wilbur Smith is one of those benchmarks against whom others are compared

- The Times

No one does adventure quite like Smith

- Daily Mirror

Wilbur Smith is one of those benchmarks against whom others are compared

- The Times

No one does...

Marketing Plan

Wilbur Smith is an international phenomenon, author of over forty bestsellers - one of the most successful authors of our time

He has sold over 130 million novels and been translated into twenty-six languages

There are six titles in the Egyptian Series (River God, The Seventh Scroll, Warlock, The Quest, Desert God, Pharoah), and three titles planned in this new series, Ancient Egypt: The New Kingdom, which began with The New Kingdom in 2021.

Publication will be supported by massive global consumer & PR activity

Featuring one of Wilbur Smiths' fans' most adored characters, Taita

He has sold over 130 million novels and been translated into twenty-six...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This is the second book in the series that started with 'The New Kingdom' and Mark Chadbourn as co-author, and the eighth in the Ancient Egypt series as a whole.

Piay and his assistant, Hannu, are the main characters who travel to Sparta to ask for help in ridding Egypt of the Hyksos invaders. Things don't go quite to plan though and they meet some very unsavoury characters along the way. Some are not what they first appear to be.

I was a little concerned when reading the previous book, 'The New Kingdom' that 'the spark' I found in other Wilbur Smith books had been missing (I only gave it four stars). I needn't have worried with this second work. This was a wee cracker of an adventure, full of action, revenge, horror, respect, deceit, blood and slaughter... and many other deeper things like friendship, love, and trust. (God, I'm welling up again!) I found it to be a very emotional, but easy, read with strong characters and beautifully choreographed fight scenes.

I'm really looking forward to reading book number nine. Well done, Mark Chadbourn for returning the hitherto missing spark of Mr Smith's writing, and for bringing the emotional feel of the Egypt series back to me.

I chose to read an ARC copy of this work, which I voluntarily and honestly reviewed. All opinions are my own. My thanks to the publisher and NetGalley.

When you pick up a Wilbur Smith book you know you are in for a good read. I had to take my time with the beginning of the book as I sorted out the characters but then the story took off.and I was fully absorbed in the action. The ending was exciting and I am eagerly awaiting a follow up book, which I am sure will follow.

Titans of War is another cracking read from this author’s Egyptian sagas. From being entranced by River God many years ago this one is as good if not better.
The characters are brilliantly described with depth and humour. Tatia from the previous books takes a much smaller role here but his presence is still very much present.
Egypt has been invaded by the Hyksos and they have been in control for many years, only Thebes is under Egyptian control. Taita tasks Piay who he has trained from being a young boy to travel to Sparta and request the help of the Spartans to help rid Egypt of their invaders.
A self centred boastful man Piay takes on this task with his assistant Hannu. So starts a an adventure that will leave you breathless with the horrors and excitement these two encounter.
This book is page turning, jaw dropping and heart pounding. One of the best I’ve read this year. I wait the next with great anticipation.
My thanks to net galley and publisher for the opportunity to review this book honestly

Not my normal genre at all. Mixed myself up with the names at first but after a few pages I really got into it. Loved the historical drama of it and the unexpectedness of the story lines so really enjoyed it. I know this is a popular author but I hadn’t read anything by Wilbur Smith before. But - I’m a convert in going to see what else he has to offer.

The story follows a young man on his journey to try and save Egypt from the Hyksos. A daunting challenge with the highest of stakes, will the ‘best swordsman in Egypt be up to the task?
A great read from start to finish with really easy to like main characters. I loved the constant link between the human impact and that of the intervention of the gods. Drama until the end, you will not be disappointed!

Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me! Awesome… What are you waiting for?! Snap this one up ASAP! Could not put it down.

As a huge fan and avid reader of all Wilbur Smith books the Titans of War did not disappoint .The story commences with the introduction of the two main characters Piay and his assistant Hannu. This is a typical Wilbur Smith story with the reader hooked from the very start. We are straight into the action and the plot thickens and twists from start to finish with no let up. This is a real all action page turner that is a compelling read.