Hazel Hill is Gonna Win This One

Pub Date 18 Oct 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #HazelHillisGonnaWinThisOne #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘I’ll stop listening in ten seconds,’ I say. ‘Starting now.’

‘Fine,’ he says. He looks around one more time to see if anyone might overhear us, and then pauses again.

‘Ella Quinn … has a crush on you.’

Girls in Hazel’s school are being harassed by an anonymous person online, someone who seems to know all about their insecurities and dreams. With no one willing to stand up and face the bully, how will Hazel be able to prove her suspicions?

Hazel Hill is Gonna Win this One is an upper middle-grade story about prejudice, harassment, injustice and spite. But, more than this, it’s a tale of hope, identity, empowerment, feminism and quashing gender norms.

‘I’ll stop listening in ten seconds,’ I say. ‘Starting now.’

‘Ella Quinn … has a crush on you.’

...