How To Raise an Antiracist

FROM THE GLOBAL MILLION COPY BESTSELLING AUTHOR

Pub Date 7 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 6 Aug 2022
Vintage, Bodley Head

Talking about this book? Use #HowToRaiseanAntiracist #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

**NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER**

How do we talk to our children about racism?

How do we teach children to be antiracist? How are kids at different ages experiencing race? How are racist structures impacting children? How can we inspire our children to avoid our mistakes, to be better, to make the world better?

These are the questions Ibram X. Kendi found himself avoiding as he anticipated the birth of his first child. Like most parents or parents-to-be, he felt the reflex to not talk to his child about racism, which he feared would stain her innocence and steal away her joy. But research into the scientific literature, his experiences as a father and reflections on his own difficult experiences as a student ultimately changed his mind.

In How to Raise an Antiracist he shows that we must all participate in the effort to raise young people as antiracists.
__________

Praise for Ibram X. Kendi:

'One of the pre-eminent intellectuals on race' Owen Jones

'One of the US's most respected scholars of race and history' Afua Hirsch, Guardian

Praise for How to Be an Antiracist:

'Transformative and revolutionary' Robin DiAngelo, author of White Fragility

'The most courageous book to date on the problem of race' The New York Times

**NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER**

How do we talk to our children about racism?

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This is a short book that I know I will come back to read again and again. I’m not a parent but I am a teacher and this informed and reminded me a lot of how far the world needs to come. Facts inter woven with personal anecdotes made this book unput downable for me.