Aaliyah the Brave

Empowering Children Coping with Immigration Enforcement

Pub Date 15 May 2022 | Archive Date 17 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #AaliyahtheBrave #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Designed as a resource for parents, teachers, social workers, advocates, and lawyers, Aaliyah The Brave helps readers understand the impact immigration enforcement can have on children and what emotions children may feel in the aftermath.

When immigration officials come to Aaliyah's home and take her father, she and her family find themselves coping with a variety of emotions.

As they prepare themselves for the legal proceedings in Immigration Court, Aaliyah realizes how brave she is, and the family realizes how important communication about what is happening helps to empower her.

"Great Illustration, Empowering Content, Easy Read.

I had an opportunity to read this book and I am beyond excited that attorney Rekha Sharma-Crawford came up with such thoughtful, empowering, and comforting book for our communities. As a former undocumented immigrant, and someone who holds a social work degree. I am often presented with tough conversations that often get challenging specially when these conversations need to happen with children and or young adults. I highly recommend this book to social workers, teachers, parents, psychologists and anyone who is interested in supporting children and families who have been going through the injustice of our outdated immigration system."

"Great Illustration, Empowering Content, Easy Read.

PRICE