The Smallest Spot of a Dot

The Little Ways We’re Different, The Big Ways We’re the Same

Pub Date 31 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 7 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TheSmallestSpotofaDot #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Linsey Davis, bestselling children’s author, Emmy-winning correspondent, and host for ABC News brings us The Smallest Spot of a Dot: The Little Ways We’re Different, The Big Ways We’re the Same—a playful and poignant picture book that celebrates how we are all part of the human race.

”Only .1% of our genes make us uniquely who we are. We are 99.9% identical, alike, the same—equal. This book is 100% about that truth.”

Combining whimsical rhymes and Lucy Fleming’s engaging art, The Smallest Spot of a Dot is:

• An inspiring story of connection and equality
  • Multicultural, multiracial children’s picture book that recognizes our similarities and our uniqueness
  • The perfect read-aloud for kids ages 4–8
  • A unique gift for birthdays and holidays

Linsey Davis is also the author of The World Is AwakeOne Big Heart, Stay This Way Forever, and How High Is Heaven.

What a gorgeous tale of how we are all different yet are all made up of the same basic elements. We may look different but are all human. A beautiful, multicultural representation for children that explains in the most simple form what a gene is. The Smallest Spot of a Dot is definitely a book I will be adding to my classroom.

Thank you NetGalley and Zonderkidz for the eARC in exchange for an honest review.

The Smallest Spot of a Dot is a really sweet books abut genes and how we are so much more alike than different. I liked all the diverse characters, and all the fun dots! It wasn't too science heavy, even if it mentioned DNA. It was like a warm hug!