We Garden Together!

Projects for Kids: Learn, Grow, and Connect with Nature

Pub Date 14 Mar 2023 | Archive Date 14 Mar 2023
Storey Publishing, Storey Publishing, LLC

Talking about this book? Use #WeGardenTogether #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Kids don’t need a big backyard or outdoor space to learn about gardening and how plants grow. This introductory garden book, packed with photos of 3 to 6 year olds in action, features hands-on planting and growing activities that can be done in a small yard, classroom, or community garden. Written by the staff of City Sprouts, a leading educational organization in promoting urban gardening and equitable access to nature, each activity--from Sorting Seeds to Going on a Worm Hunt to Planting a Tasty Salad--encourages kids to roll up their sleeves and learn about seeds, planting, and gardening. Step-by-step photos and on-the-page discovery prompts, presented in a lively design, make it easy and inviting for kids everywhere to become plant lovers and nature explorers.

This is an amazing gardening book for children, which my daughter and I absolutely loved. It is jam packed full of beautiful photographs of plants, seeds, beans, food, art, gardening, and little children having fun with gardening, food and art. My daughter loved learning about how to grow potatoes and other vegetables, and how to plant seeds to grow plants. She also loved the rainbow vegetables, and how to make a butterfly and a headband. The whole book is fantastic and fun, and I highly recommend it.

Many thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Great educational book for young kids to help understand the concept of growing food. Very cute and easy to do activities for ages three and up.

What did I like? I never thought of growing potatoes in a bucket. I just happen to love gardening and I always read everything offered. This was a great way to tag some kids on the wealth of gardening.

Would I recommend or buy? Schools really need to branch out more and offer ways to survive. These are just examples of things that should be taught throughout school along with money management and basic everyday things. Five stars!

I received a complimentary copy to read and voluntarily left this opinion!

This book has great information about gardening and growing plants and food. It has lots of simple experiments or activities children and can try and gives lots of handson and sensory activities for young children who need to explore the world around them. The activities are fairly easy to understand or follow and use materials that most people have around the house. There is a mix of real photos and drawn pictures which will draw lots of kids in. This book is targeted towards children in the age 3-6 range and I think that's a great estimation, but I also think slightly older children in the 7-9 range would probably really like this book too! I could definitely see this book in my Grade 3 classroom library! Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this book!

This book is fantastic. It is an incredibly useful tool for parents or educators who are interested in connecting the children in their lives to the outdoors in a meaningful way. I love that it is simple and straight to the point. The activities in it have a low barrier to access but are really fun and engaging. I would have enjoyed using this book when I was teaching and would absolutely recommend it to parents and educators who asked me for recommendations.

This is such a cute and wonderful little book! It has some great visuals and ideas for activities to do with children, and a variety of ideas to focus on. This will certainly get young children (even older ones and adults!) interested and fascinated by how things grow and how we can get them to grow. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in getting the children in their lives to learn about how things grow and how to take care of them.

I would like to thank the author, the publisher, and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this eBook.

This is the kind of book I've been looking for, for a very long time. Being a gardening enthusiast myself, I want my daughter to get into gardening too. This book is choke full of brilliant ideas to get the little hands dirty and I'm all for it.

<b> We Garden Together! </b> is a Children's Nonfiction book that revolves around gardening, nature and being outdoors with family all while learning and having fun!

First off, the cover is really cute! The child on the cover looks happy and is having fun, I like the title font and illustrations and the subtitle and text fonts are easy to read, same with the colors chosen.

I love the mission of the authors. CitySprouts is an organization that helps schools plant gardens and learn about how to grow plants, learn about seeds and insects and more. The contents are broken up into four sections: Plant, Grow, Eat and Discover. All things that my toddler definitely does within our garden.

There are activities included, such as going on a seed hunt, learn to plant a seed, make plant part art, and even how to grow sprouts for snacking!

5 Stars. Would recommend. What a great book that gets kids and families enjoying outside and in the garden together. Most of these activities could be done with toddlers and up, as we'll be trying some with our little one soon. This book would be great for families as well as for homeschooling or alongside course curriculums at school.

<b>Thanks to the publisher, Storey Publishing, the author, and NetGalley for providing me with an ARC copy to read and review. Review will also be posted to my blog (www.kagoodsell.com/book-reviews), GoodReads, TikTok (@unearthingeco), as well as NetGalley reviews.</b>

My kids really enjoyed this book! It is vibrant and colorful with many fun projects and educational tidbits for small children. It is definitely aimed at younger children, but that worked perfectly for us, where our kids are 8 and younger. The set up of the book was really aesthetically pleasing, with step by step instructions and pictures.

This book is targeted towards 3-6yos and is a good way to get them connected to nature and interested in gardening and other outdoor projects. I like that you don't have to have a big yard or a farm for this - you can do these activities with any kind of space!

This is such a helpful book for parents and kids. Gives you great knowledge on plants and growing a garden. It also tells you step by step how to do fun garden and outdoor related activities with your kid. I love this and getting my son closer to nature. Will absolutely be using some of these techniques and activities with my son this summer!

I received this book from NetGalley and the publishers to read and review. All statements above are my true opinion after fully reading this book.

Well my little 5yo boy who loves to garden really enjoy reading this with me and doing some of the stuff in his own little space. Fantastic book!
Can definitely see myself buying multiple copy's for gift/kids birthday presents

This is such an adorable and practical book to get kids into gardening and outdoor projects. It is fileld with ideas and creative projects for kids to get their hands into and learn from a young age. I love the format of the book and the illustrations. The guides are very easy to follow. Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for this advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

This super cute book is all about gardening. Teachers are going to love the myriad of different activities on a variety of science topics that are covered in this engaging book. The full color pictures of kids doing the activities will draw lots of young readers in. The book was very well thought out and organized. I think this is going to be a real hit.