A Field Guide to Backyard Birds of North America
A Visual Directory of the Most Popular Backyard Birds
by Rob Hume
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add firstname.lastname@example.org as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 28 Jun 2022 | Archive Date 19 Jul 2022
Quarto Publishing Group – Chartwell Books, Chartwell Books
An essential tool for any amateur bird-watcher in the United States.
Whether you’re just getting started birding or want to build on your existing knowledge, this handbook provides you with all you need, making it the companion in the field. Inside this gorgeously illustrated guide, you’ll find:
- The basics of bird-watching, including when, where, and what to look for, as well as how to take accurate notes and make sketches.
- A fascinating introduction to the amazing world of birds, including facts on their anatomy, feathers, calls and postures, courtship, and nests.
- A unique logbook, filled with tips to get the most out of bird-watching, so you can chart your own findings and observations over 2 years.
- More than 50 of the most commonly seen birds in the United States in one comprehensive species catalog.
- How to turn your own backyard into a safe and hospitable bird reserve.
Sized perfectly to fit into a shoulder bag next to your binoculars, A Field Guide to Backyard Birds of North America is the one book you won’t want to leave home without.
Available on NetGalley
Average rating from 18 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
Liz S. Andrews
Michael G. Long
Henry De Sio