Your Blood, My Bones

A twisted, slow burn rivals-to-lovers romance from the author of THE WHISPERING DARK

Pub Date 4 Apr 2024 | Archive Date 4 Apr 2024

Talking about this book? Use #YourBloodMyBones #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Wyatt Westlock has one plan for the farmhouse she's just inherited -- to burn it to the ground. But during her final walkthrough of her childhood home, she makes a shocking discovery in the basement -- Peter, the boy she once considered her best friend, strung up in chains and left for dead.

Unbeknownst to Wyatt, Peter has suffered hundreds of ritualistic deaths on her family's property. Semi-immortal, Peter never remains dead for long, but he can't really live, either. Not while he's bound to the farm, locked in a cycle of grisly deaths and painful rebirths. There's only one way for him to break free. He needs to end the Westlock line.

He needs to kill Wyatt.

With Wyatt's parents gone, the spells protecting the property have begun to unravel, and dark, ancient forces gather in the nearby forest. The only way for Wyatt to repair the wards is to work with Peter -- the one person who knows how to harness her volatile magic. But how can she trust a boy who's sworn an oath to destroy her? When the past turns up to haunt them in the most unexpected way, they are forced to rely on one another to survive, or else tear each other apart.

PAGES 400

Send to Kindle (PDF)

I absolutely adored Kelly Andrew’s The Whispering Dark and was lucky enough to receive an exclusive sampler from Gollancz of Your Blood, My Bones and to say I was looking forward to reading the rest was an understatement. Just with The Whispering Dark, Your Blood, My Bones blew me away, quite simply this is one not to miss.

Your Blood, My Bones finds Wyatt Westlock returning to her childhood home, with the intent of burning it to the ground. But on her final walkthrough she finds Peter, her once best friend, chained up in the basement left for dead. Unbeknownst to Wyatt, Peter has suffered hundreds of ritualistic deaths on her families farm. Semi-immortal Peter never stays dead for long, to break this horrid cycle he needs to end the Westlock line, which means killing Wyatt. But as the protective wards around the farm fail Wyatt and Peter are forced to work together to survive, or else they’ll tear each other apart.

I adore Andrew’s writing; she is proving herself an absolute master at creating a stunningly creepy atmosphere. Wyatt’s is a world you get simultaneously transported to and lost within. This is the kind of book that leaves the hairs on your arms raised. The sense of quiet threat and menace is palpable throughout and the story Andrew’s weaves had some brilliant twists and turns.

At the heart of this story is Wyatt and Peter, childhood friends who, along with James, spent their summers together at Wyatt’s family’s farm. Separated for the last 5 years they are more like deadly strangers to one another now, yet despite this is clear just how much they care for one another. Their’s is a beautifully written slow burn romance that left me in genuine tears. The duel POVs worked brilliantly throughout, as did the single POV from James near the end. It was also a real treat to see a Colton and Lane appear within Wyatt’s story.

I cannot recommend this one highly enough and can’t wait to read whatever Andrew writes next.

Kelly Andrew has done it again! I adored The Whispering Dark so I was extremely looking forwards to any of her next books, Your Blood, My Bones is another five star read for me!

I was a little nervous about going into this as I had gotten myself so hyped for it, what if I got let down? Luckily I had no such issues, I really enjoyed the plot of the book, it was interesting and it had me hooked from the start.

The characters were great and ended up with some amazing developments, Peter and Wyatt being our main characters and POV but also James too but only one POV from James.

As before, I am left wanting more from Kelly Andrew's and I'm very much looking forwards to her next book!