Talking about this book? Be sure to tag it using #AttackYourExpenses #NetGalley
How to live on less without limiting your life
Yet, for many Americans, this seems to be an impossible task. According to a recent Pew study, 46% of Americans spend more money than they earn each month. Hopefully, you’re not part of the 46%, but even if you are, you can still fix your spending and get your finances back on track.
With some out-of-the-box thinking, simple lifestyle changes, and a thoughtful evaluation of your spending, you can have enough left over to save and invest.
In Attack Your Expenses, here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
* The 4 spinning plates of personal finance that you need to balance, and how each will bring you closer to financial freedom
* The main expenses you should focus on reducing to make a significant impact on your cost of living
* A unique living arrangement that, in some cases, will have you being paid to live in someone else’s house
* How you can eat fresher, healthier food while cutting down on your grocery bills at the same time
* How sharing with others can pay off for you, not just socially, but also mentally and financially
* The inaccurate beliefs about money that could be keeping you from building significant wealth
* How you’re unintentionally wasting your money with these penny-snatching habits
* Extreme examples of creative frugality that show you just what’s possible when it comes to saving money
And much more.
You’ll find that you don’t really need much to live a meaningful life, and before you know it, you’ll have a considerable nest egg that will comfortably last you through retirement, and even beyond, to your future generations.
If you’re serious about securing your financial future without sacrificing, you are in the right place.
At first I thought this book was going to be the usual fare of getting in control of your finances. I was happily surprised to find many unique and novel ways to attack expenses in a number of areas. I also appreciated the author's description of the "Spinning Plates of Personal Finance" that creates an accurate mental picture of trying to get finances under control. If you're wanting to attack your expenses and looking for ways to do so that are immediately implementable, do yourself a favor and pick up this book.