Agent Zaiba Investigates: The Haunted House

Pub Date 1 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 6 Apr 2021
Little Tiger Group, Stripes Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #AgentZaibaInvestigatesTheHauntedHouse #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Determined to be the world’s greatest detective, Zaiba is always on the lookout for a crime to solve!
When a new family moves to the village, Zaiba is intrigued to hear about the strange happenings in their home. Things go missing, objects are smashed and unfriendly messages are painted on the walls. There have always been rumours that the house is haunted, but is a ghost really causing all this trouble? Zaiba and her team are convinced that the culprit is very much alive – and won’t stop until they get what they want…
The third book in a fun, fresh and exciting new detective series, for readers not quite ready for Robin Stevens, Katherine Woodfine, HIGH RISE MYSTERY and NANCY DREW.

EDITION Paperback

AH! Agent Zaiba strikes once again! My sister and I absolutely adored this story; Zaiba continues to be amazing and inspirational. It's impossible not to love her character and be constantly awed by her adventures.

So fun!! I binged this whole series in a weekend and I love it so much: Zaiba's British-Pakistani identity is absolutely fantastically portrayed and I adored seeing a smart, determined girl solve mysteries while also being so connected to her cultural heritage! Zaiba's sidekicks, best friend Poppy and little brother Ali, are also fantastic, and I love that Poppy is interested in fashion and food and that that's shown to be an asset rather than trivial or silly! I've also passed the books on to my seven year old sisters (the actual target audience!) and they're absolutely hooked too! With regard to this book specifically, I thought the mystery was the most compelling of the three (so far - I don't know if there are plans for more books), and it took me the longest to solve myself. The stakes seemed slightly higher than in the previous two books, and the general atmosphere felt a little creepier, which was fun!