A World of Animals

Learn to draw more than 175 animals from the seven continents!

Pub Date 13 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 9 Mar 2021

Talking about this book? Use #AWorldofAnimals #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

With A World of Animals, meet and draw more than 175 adorable animals from all seven continents, and enjoy the bonus double-sided poster and sticker pages!

Discover the wonders of the animal kingdom with more than 175 awesome animals to draw, a sticker challenge, a poster to hang on your wall, and fun animal trivia. This high-quality book has colorful, sturdy pages jam-packed with zoological information and simplified step-by-step drawing projects. Each section features animals from across the seven continents, providing natural history information in addition to step-by-step drawing lessons of each featured creature. There is a double-sided poster showing where all these animals live, and sticker pages too! All you need to do is find the correct spot in the book to place each sticker. Can you complete the challenge?

This book includes unique critters in addition to more well known animals. With A World of Animals, you will get a general introduction to a wide variety of animals from around the globe, while learning geography, various animal habitats, and facts about the animals themselves. Best of all, the modern art style makes it easy to draw each animal, no matter your skill level!

From Africa, draw the:ElephantOstrichDung beetleZebraLeopardAnd more!From Europe, draw the:Camargue horseBottlenose dolphinTawny owlRed squirrelFire salamanderAnd more!From Asia, draw the:Wild yakPandaSand grouseTigerFinless porpoiseAnd more!From the Americas, draw the:Monarch butterflyMooseCaribbean reef sharkAlpacaPiranhaToucanSlothAnd more!And from Australia, draw the:DingoKangarooClownfishKiwiCrocodileAnd more!

Discover the wonders of the animal kingdom ...

Full disclosure - I'm an adult that just wanted to try to draw something instead of spending so much time on my phone. I really enjoyed the directions to draw many different animals. I liked that the results were attainable even by someone like me who really can't draw. I have enjoyed drawing many of the animals and have some definite favourites like the big cats, butterflies and strangely the newts and snakes. I liked the grouping of animals by country of origin. Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book is delightful and would be a great addition to any wonder-filled family’s library. For each continent, 20-40 creatures are highlighted, including a fun fact for each. Then, there are simple, easy to follow directions to draw every one! With included stickers and poster, I am so excited to gift this to my preschooler and use this resource for as long as its binding holds!

This is the cutest book! It helps you to learn about animals, and also how to draw them! You find out all about the different animal kingdoms. Within it, you can step by step learn to draw the animals that you find interesting!!! I would have this for a classroom library for children to work on when they have down time. If you have a child who likes to draw, this book is for them!!

This drawing manual is divided up by continent. Each chapter begins with basic information about each animal you will learn to draw. There are several animals on each page. Each animal has about 5-6 steps. It doesn't instruct how to draw the lines, but rather, a small portion of the animal is illustrated, then a little more in added, and so on and so forth. For young drawers, they may be more interested in this laissez-faire instruction, but the artist who prefers step by step instructions will likely be frustrated. I wish this book were available from Ingram in hardback instead of just paperback. Then, I would purchase it for my library.

A World of Animals is an excellent book for young children to learn how to draw a variety of animals from all over the world. They are organised by continent and a poster and sticker challenge make it even more exciting. The doodles are easy to follow and a joy to draw and will hold a child's interest for hours. This is a book that encourages curiosity and will have children learning about animals and the world while having fun and being creative. This would make an excellent gift book for a lucky child.

If you want to learn how to doodle all kinds of animals from around the world and learn what kind of animals live on each continent, then this book is for you. The doodles are simple enough that kids can follow them, while learning about animals around the world. There is even a sticker page at the end of the book. Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing for providing me with an advance copy in exchange for a review.

This is a great book, I love just how many animals are included in this book and the face that its just not dogs and cats its literally filled with so many animals and is laid out like a journey around the world of drawing animals. My little girls has loved learning how to draw some of these animals

A World of Animals is beautifully illustrated, has easy to read font and text, and is an overall fun read for young learners. I love the combination of how-to-draw demonstrations and the wealth of information on 175 animals. The book starts with a list of need supplies and information the different habitats. Next, it provides a few sentences of simple facts on each animal with a step-by-step guide on how to draw the creature. I love that the animal facts are both educational and easy to remember. For example, "Newts can live for 15 years." I am very passionate about text accessibility (particularly in books meant for children or about education), and I love that this book uses san-serif font on a contrast background that is not white. It is easy on the eyes, and helpful for readers with disabilities. Overall, it seems like a great gift for an elementary school student or a great classroom resource for a teacher.

A World of Animals is a children's drawing book. It gives them step by step instructions on how to draw animals that live on every continent. The illustrations are bright and fun. The drawings are cartoonish but anatomically accurate. This book is a lot of fun. For children who are not naturally artistic and cannot simply draw by copying a natural subject, this book is a great help to them. I really appreciate that the animals are divided by the continent where they live. So not only is the child learning to draw animals, they are also learning where to place those animals within their minds eye. My only criticism is that the animals are very cartoonish. Therefore, I believe this book would be best for older children who are already have a picture of the real animal within their mind. I believe younger children would not benefit from this as their mind's eye of the world is still being formed. I can recommend this book for educational setting, whether public, private, or at home. Sensing God is a lay reader's introduction to theology and philosophy of how God speaks and interacts with us through our five senses. This book answers the question of how and why the Lord would choose to draw us closer to Him through the means of the physical world around us and in us. Wow, are you ready for a dive in the deep end? Every sentence of this book is rich with meaning. I found myself stopping to contemplate portions of every page. Each chapter includes personal stories as well as examples from classical and popular poets, hymn writers, songwriters, and even movies. A quick read through this book is not enough. Give yourself plenty of time to ponder and savor the writing and the meaning behind the writing. I highly recommend this book! Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group - Walter Foster for the complimentary copy of this book. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

A World of Animal is much more than a book to draw. It is an interactive notebook that allows you to spend very entertaining time drawing while discovering the different habitats that exist in the world as well as the great diversity of the animal kingdom. It has 96 pages divided into 7 chapters in which the different continents are represented. It has stickers for more than 175 different animals and a double-sided poster in which the world is represented with the animals that inhabit each area and another map in which we will see the animals according to their habitat. Each chapter begins with the name of a continent and a brief description of the animals that live in this area, as well as the different habitats of the region. Along several pages there are spaces in which to complete the missing animal with a sticker while in others we must complete the sketches and give color to the different species proposed. As you learn how to make the shapes of different species and mix colors to get a result as close as possible to the original, you learn about diversity and geography. From my point of view, A World of Animals is one of the best books I’ve seen to learn about animal diversity in a fun and creative way that also encourages curiosity and arouses interest. It is an ideal gift book, the perfect playmate that you can take anywhere.

A World of Animals by Rimma Zainagova and Paul Calver A delightful array of 175 animals of the world for you to learn how to draw with step-by-step instructions. Each animal is shown in color, so you know the right patterns and colors for their skin, also each animal is in a chapter, by continent and each animal has its own paragraph that tells you a little about their habits. Not only are you learning how to draw, but you are learning about each animal, as well. The book is rated for ages 5 and up, but if you have a desire to learn and to draw, this book would be perfect for you. I am a grandmother and I enjoyed it. Many thanks to #walterfosterjr and #netgalley for the complimentary copy, I was under no obligation to post a review.

I am reviewing on behalf of my seven-year-old daughter. She is one of those kids that has the art-bug, and this book was a hit for her. She loved looking at all the different animals that she could learn to draw. Both she and I enjoyed that the book was organized by continent. Each continent featured animals that were native to that part of the world. The instructions were simple and easy to follow. My daughter was able to learn to draw lots of animals with zero problems. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone that is looking for a great how-to-draw book for their kiddos.

A lovely book for learning to draw animals and learn about the animals themselves. Great, easy to follow, step-by-step examples. Bright and colourful, with the excellent addition of stickers and poster at the end. Great as a gift for an animal or art lover as well as an interactive learning aid within a classroom or library.

This is a sweet little drawing book that teaches kids how to draw lots of kinds of animals from around the world, divided by region. It will be useful for geography as well as animal studies, and the animals are fairly simple to emulate.

Full of information about animals, from all corners of the world, this children's book for learning to draw animals is a lot of fun. An added bonus are the stickers in the back of the book.

5☆ Educational, Fun, Inspiring, Eye Catching and is Superbly Illustrated! I was blown away by how beautiful this book is. Not only does it teach Children how to draw an array of different Animals from all over the world, but it teaches children about the Animals and their habitat. The Book is split up into sections North America, South America, Africa, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Antarctica. The step by step guide to drawing each animal is simple, easy to follow and fun, especially seeing the Animals take shape and come to life. I've never been a good drawer much to my dismay, and I wish I had a book like this growing up as then maybe I would of not found drawing so daunting. I read this book on e-book, however I think this book is much, much better read as a physical copy. This book would make a Beautiful Gift for someone who loves Art, Drawing, and is an Animal Lover. Not only is this book Educational, it's fun, inspiring, eye catching and is superbly illustrated!

This is a fun drawing book aimed at children, showing them how to draw over 175 different animals. It contains many facts about the habitats of different animals and where they are found on earth. It is a lovely, informative book whick I feel is also great for adults who enjoy drawing.

I wish I had this book in grade school! At the beginning, they included the general division of animal kingdom. Then they explained a bit about the animals' habitats in the world. Divided into 7 regions of the world, we then learn about the animals that live there, and draw some. So amazed of the diversity and multitudes of animals that I might never know before! And put into a colorful book for kids? A good idea for sure!

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for an electronic copy to read and review. I love this one - lots of cool animals and easy to follow visuals for drawing them. The giant armadillo is one of my favourites. I can see using this in a classroom for directed drawing art lessons, and for students to try their hand at drawing their favourite animals too.

I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers. A world of animals is a step by step drawing book for children to draw animals from all seven continents of the world. Not only does it teach them in simple steps how to draw the animals (which are all adorable), it also teaches them about the parts of the world the animals come from, where these parts are on a globe and also little pictures of the places they come from too. I have had a go at drawing some of the animals and found it fun and easy to use. I would love a physical copy of this book for my home library and for the children I work with - they would love this book so much! This book is aimed at children aged 5-11.

My daughter absolutely loves this book!! It includes some of her favorite things- drawing and animals. She loved looking through the book, finding an animal she wanted to draw, drawing that animal, and then finding books to learn more about that animal. I definitely need to get this one in print for her. It will keep her busy for months!! Huge thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!