Scorpion

Pub Date 24 Jun 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #Scorpion #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

*PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY FOR AN UNFORGETTABLE, GRIPPING CAT-AND-MOUSE THRILLER, FOR FANS OF MINORITY REPORT AND BLAKE CROUCH*

Around the world, twenty-two people have been murdered. The victims fit no profile, the circumstances vary wildly, but one thing links them all: in every case the victim is branded with a number.

With police around the globe floundering and unable to identify any pattern, let alone find a killer, CIA Analyst Quinn Mitchell is called in to investigate.

Before long, Quinn is on the trail of an ice-hearted assassin with seemingly limitless resources - but she's prepared for that.

What she isn't prepared for is the person pulling the strings...

Around the world, twenty-two people have been murdered. The victims fit...

Welcome to the future. Christian Cantrell's new novel - by far his best to date - takes one to a world with nuclear terrorism and worse. The plot is complex. The science feels real rather than fiction. And the clock is ticking on a cat-and-mouse chase that is full of twists and turns and startling revelations. This is speculative fiction at its very best: chillingly real glimpses of a future that draws closer every day. Not to be missed.

I love a cat and mouse thriller that is fast pacing and I just want to devour the whole book right away. This was brilliant and I can see it being turned into a film, it would be brilliant. I am not really a fan of science fiction but this was sublime. The characters are all unique and complicated with their own motives. There are all different types of gadgets that interested me but for me it was not really about them it was how well the story was written and how it held my attention. A unique and original cat and mouse thriller.