The Gallic Cooking-Pot

Why cant the rest of the world get on with the French?

Pub Date 1 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 24 Sep 2021
John Hunt Publishing Ltd, https://www.johnhuntpublishing.com/business-books/

Talking about this book? Use #TheGallicCookingPot #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Asking the daring question: “Why can’t the rest of the world get on with the French?”, the book offers some illuminating answers and provides tools and tips to solve this mystery.

Have you ever imagined that fabulous qualities could be hidden behind the moody exterior of the French? No?

Then you have not discovered their full beauty.

It will be revealed to you in this highly entertaining yet informative book.

The author, a French national, also provides you with tools and tips on how to interact with her compatriots, should some situations turn a little tense – as they well might.

The risk is that, after reading this book, you will not only appreciate the culture, food, wines and landscapes of France but you will never again mutter « shame about the French » under your breath.

Instead, you will be proclaiming : «Vive la Différence!»

Have you ever...

A Note From the Publisher

Marie-José Astre-Démoulin is a French published author and a cross-cultural communication specialist. She has 20 years of experience in conflict management within the United Nations at international level. She now works as a consultant, delivering training sessions in universities, international institutions and private companies all over the world. She also acts as an Expert for cross-cultural communication issues in the Museum of Communication in Bern. A video of one of her talks is diplayed for the public, in the main hall of the Museum. Writing is a major part of her life. She has three books published in French and she regularly contributes to collective publications with essays and poems. She translated, from English into French, a dozen of books published by prominent French publishers. And she regulary writes articles for the magazine of the United Nations. Jan Abellan Jan Abellan is a designer, illustrator, photographer and professional video maker. He graduated from Ecole cantonale d’art de Lausanne (ECAL) in 2011. He won the Swiss Design Award in 2012. He is the co-founder of a design studio based in Paris and Lausanne. His clients include Swiss and international brands involved in the luxury and cultural markets. He is also an editorial designer and owner of a letterpress printing company in Lausanne, Switzerland.

I absolutely love this book! It has been beautifully crafted. It educated and entertained me throughout. The Gallic Cooking Pot is such a witty and wonderfully woven gem of a book and I would highly recommend it.

Liggy Webb | Award-Winning Author and Presenter

This easy-to-read book explains how some qualities and specificities can cause misunderstandings. I was particularly interested because I have a PhD in Risk Management...and I happen to be French myself ! I intend to use those skills in my daily life and work

Julien Chorier | Ultrarunner - Speaker