Expanding Reality

The Emergence of Postmaterialist Science

Pub Date 26 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 27 Sep 2021
John Hunt Publishing Ltd, https://www.johnhuntpublishing.com/iff-books/

Talking about this book? Use #ExpandingReality #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Understanding where science can take us when viewed without the lens of materialism.

Reality is much more than the physical world before us.

In Expanding Reality, Mario Beauregard examines a variety of phenomena investigated by the most open-minded and visionary scientists. These phenomena provide the evidence that mind, consciousness, and spirit cannot be simply reduced to electrical and chemical activity in the brain.

Reality is much more than the physical world before us.

In Expanding Reality, Mario Beauregard examines a variety...

A Note From the Publisher

Dr. Mario Beauregard, PhD., is a neuroscientist currently affiliated with the Department of Psychology, University of Arizona. He has received a bachelor degree in psychology, and a doctorate degree in neuroscience from the University of Montreal. He also underwent postdoctoral fellowships at the University of Texas Medical School (Houston) and the Montreal Neurological Institute (MNI), McGill University. Dr. Beauregard is the author of more than 100 publications (articles, essays, book chapters) in neuroscience, psychology, and psychiatry. He was the first neuroscientist to use neuroimaging to investigate the neural underpinnings of voluntary control in relation to emotion. Because of his research into the neuroscience of consciousness, he was selected (2000) by the World Media Net to be one of the “One Hundred Pioneers of the 21st Century.” In addition, his groundbreaking research on the neurobiology of spiritual experiences (including near-death experiences) has received international media coverage, and a documentary film has been produced about his work (The Mystical Brain, 2007). In 2008, he was invited to participate in a symposium held at the United Nations. Dr. Beauregard has appeared over several radio programs in the U.S.A., Canada, and Europe, Asia, and Australia. His research has been featured on TV (Discovery Channel) and in many newspapers and magazines, including Nature, Science, The New Scientist, Scientific American Mind, and The Economist. He has received a number of distinctions, including the Joel F. Lubar Award (International Society for Neuronal Regulation, USA) and the Spectrum Award (The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential, USA).

In Expanding Reality, neuroscientist Mario Beauregard presents the impressive body of scientific evidence that our familiar materialistic model of the world is locked into a sadly outdated 19th-century philosophy. Whether or not you agree with all his conclusions, this courageous book will challenge you to rethink how we see ourselves and our world--and may help usher in a new scientific revolution

Bruce Greyson, M.D. -  Carlson Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry & Neurobehavioral Sciences Division of Perceptual Studies