The Silent Conversation

Pub Date 7 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 30 Nov 2021
Canongate Books, Severn House

Talking about this book? Use #TheSilentConversation #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When DNA evidence links a present-day murder to the disappearance of a young boy four years earlier, detectives Anderson & Costello are plunged into a baffling mystery.

It’s been four years since four-year-old Johnny Clearwater disappeared without trace one hot summer afternoon. Now, a new TV documentary series is revisiting the case, dredging up memories perhaps best left forgotten.

On the night the TV show is broadcast, detectives Anderson and Costello are called out to investigate the murder of a female police officer. On arriving at the scene, they discover that nothing about this death is as straightforward as it would appear. What was the victim doing in the garden of the exclusive gated residence where she was found? How did she die? Why is the key witness so reluctant to speak to them? Even the off-duty police officer who was first on the scene isn’t telling them everything.

The pressure intensifies when a link is discovered between the dead woman and the disappearance of Johnny Clearwater four years earlier. What secrets are lurking behind the closed doors of this small, exclusive community . . . and what really happened to little Johnny Clearwater?

This gripping, atmospheric police procedural will appeal to fans of IAN RANKIN, VAL McDERMID and LOUISE PENNY.

It’s been four years since...

A Note From the Publisher

We will consider requests from established bloggers, Acquisition and Collection Development Public Librarians and booksellers in the UK and USA. For Goodreads and Amazon reviewers, we will take into consideration your NetGalley Feedback history.

EDITION Hardcover

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

I love this book I read it in a couple of hours. The plot was extremely intense. I couldn’t wait to find out what happened. I also love the characters. Highly recommend this book.

Thank you Netgalley and Canongate;/Severn House for the eARC. Caro Ramsay has just gone to the top of my female authors list, what a book, what a series! Anderson and Costello catch the case of a young woman, dead in a. luxurious gated community. Was she murdered? They won't know till the autopsy. But the disappearance of a three-year old little boy five years ago may have something to do with it. There are so many twists and turns, it takes quite a while before things finally become clear. Costello is even more difficult than usual; there are times when Anderson visualizes slapping her - that made me chuckle. But I love her, she's quite the character. Anderson tries to fit in looking after his beloved little Moses and his dog;e hes' such a good man, trying his best for his family while involved in the complications of this mystery, which takes up so much of his and the team's time. Anderson and Costello have become my favorite team, they feel like friends to me. The Glasgow setting is great too. I think this series is brilliant and just gets better and better Highly recommended, 5+++