A Cornish Christmas Murder

Pub Date 9 Dec 2021 | Archive Date 9 Dec 2021

Talking about this book? Use #ACornishChristmasMurder #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘A sparklingly delicious confection to satisfy the mystery reader’s appetite’ Helena Dixon, bestselling author of the Miss Underhay Mysteries

A PINCH OF PARANOIA

It’s three days before Christmas, and detective-turned-chef Jodie ‘Nosey’ Parker is drafted in to cater a charity event run by a notorious millionaire at a 13th-century abbey on Bodmin Moor.

A DASH OF DECEPTION

Things get more complicated when a snowstorm descends, stranding them all, and the next morning they find one of the guests has been gruesomely murdered in their bed…

A MURDER UNDER THE MISTLETOE

Secrets mull in every corner – can Jodie solve the crime before the killer strikes again?

A Cornish Christmas Murder is a must-read mystery full of heart and humour – perfect for fans of Richard Osman and The Appeal.

A PINCH OF PARANOIA

It’s three...

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Paranoia, deception and murder make A Cornish Christmas Murder a great read. Was invested from the beginning and could not put the book down. Loved the storyline and the well-crafted characters. Great read!

Devoured this in one sitting; a lovely cosy murder was needed. I am now going to read the others in the series!

I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley #netgalley I love how the author put this together! They were such a great dynamic and banter between the two main characters.

Christmas is coming, it's snowed heavily, Josie Parker has a catering job at a 13th century decommissioned abbey on Bodmin Moor and life is good. Unfortunately,  new love DCI Nathan Withers is still in Penstowan but she's determined not to let that ruin her day. When the weather takes even more of a turn for the worse and it becomes apparent no one is going home, Josie, daughter Daisy, her mum, and best friend Debbie, resign themselves to a night out In the middle of nowhere. Things go reasonably smoothly until, with phone reception sketchy at best and Nathan unable to help, they find a dead body. This is the fourth in the Nosy Parker cosy mystery series and I loved every single word. The atmosphere and country house location are spot on, with a satisfying number of stereotypical characters and festive occurrences alongside surprises and a brilliant sense of laugh out loud humour throughout this is a joy. The icing on the Josie cake is the promise of book five in the early spring. I was able to read an advanced copy of this book thanks to NetGalley and the publishers but the opinions expressed are my own. This is such a fun Christmas novel, my favourite of 2021 by far, and I would happily read it at any time of year.

A Festive Treat…. Book four in the Nosey Parker series of cosy mysteries featuring Jodie Parker (Nosey). Our protagonist has left the Metropolitan Police and returned to her Cornish hometown, along with daughter Daisy, and an ambition of starting a catering company, an ambition that is now well underway. However, life has been nothing like the relaxing and quietly content picture she envisioned and, from the start of her move, murder has been most definitely on the menu. This time Jodie is ensconced in a snowed in country Manor House with her team, a group of guests and a murderer. Inevitably, chaos ensues. Enjoyable, fun read with a likeable protagonist and a colourful cast of supporting characters. A festive treat.

An excellent addition to the Nosey Parker series, which goes from strength to strength. Leitch's writing is clever, funny, and warm-hearted. Her cast of main characters are endearing and fully fleshed out, particularly Jodie, who reads like one of my best girlfriends - relatable, human, hilarious. The mystery is fabulous and I enjoyed the ride of discovering whodunnit and of course, Christmas! So much thought and care has gone into making this a fabulous festive read. Highly recommended and can't wait for the next one.

Life seems to be going well for Jodie Parker. Her business is picking up, Christmas is coming, and she’s finally dating Nathan Withers. But things can go south pretty quickly, especially when Josie, her Mother, her daughter and BFF Debbie are stuck at 13th century abbey where they catered an event and got stuck during a heavy snow storm. With bad phone reception, the women resign themselves to the fact that they’re stuck there for the night. When they find a body in the abbey, things take a turn as they can’t reach anyone, not even DCI Withers, and they’re on their own, with a killer on the loose. I love this series! Jodie and her daughter really have settled into life back in Jodie’s girlhood village. The typical cozy characters are here, law enforcement, a female protagonist, a dog, and a few quirky characters. What sets it apart from other cozies is the writing! Fiona Leitch writes so well the you’re not just reading a book, you’re immersed in the story. Those are the best kind to read, in my opinion! Each one reads fine as a stand alone, but you’ll be back for more! f you haven’t checked this series out, now’s the time!

I loved the fourth book in the series. Loved how it’s plays out in a Manor House. Really good read and easy to get into! Looking forward to a fifth one.