Seventeen

Pub Date 17 Aug 2022 | Archive Date 18 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Seventeen #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW MY NAME.
BUT YOU WON'T FORGET MY NUMBER.

Behind the events you know are the killers you don't.
When diplomacy fails, we're the ones who gear up.
Officially we don't exist, but every government in the world uses our services.
We've been saving the world, and your ass, for 100 years.

Sixteen people have done this job before me.
I am 17. The most feared assassin in the world.
But to be the best you must beat the best.
My next target is 16, just as one day 18 will hunt me down.
It's a dog-eat-dog world and it gets lonely at the top.
Nobody gets to stay for long.
But while we're here, all that matters is that we win.

Visceral, cinematic and insanely addictive, 17 will keep you on the edge of your seat and live long in the memory. Until 18 comes along ...

'Keeps you on the edge of your seat and guessing with every turn of the page. A fantastic and thrilling new entry into the modern-day spy genre' Rawson Marshall Thurber, director of DODGEBALL, CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE, SKYSCRAPER and RED NOTICE

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW MY NAME.
BUT YOU WON'T FORGET MY NUMBER.

Behind the events you know are the killers you don't.
When diplomacy fails, we're the ones who gear up.
Officially we don't exist, but...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

I really enjoyed Seventeen. I found I was hooked in relatively early and the held throughout. It is written in a fairly knowing style and with enough clues that you can figure out along the way.

I found the eponymous narrator was clever enough to survive as Seventeen but not clever enough not to make mistakes, an interesting juxtaposition. Everywhere he goes people are not what they seem and also clever enough to work him out.

A thoroughly enjoyable rip roaring thriller. It's a break neck high-octane adventure as two contract killer's go up against each other. The mystery lies in the two of them trying to figure out why .
It's not Shakespeare, so check
It out on the beach and enjoy.

Excellent story about an assassin whose life gets extremely complicated when he encounters sixteen. Well written and excellent plot, highly recommended to lovers of thrillers.

Unable to put this book down. Binge read from first to last page. No spoilers therefore only able to reveal a complex thriller of security agencies, spies, and assassins . Last assassin standing given the next number indicating best of the best only when the penultimate assassin no longer exists. A convoluted plot line where instructions to kill give no indication of who, why or where. Names and identities no longer clarify anything but subterfuge. And the reader is now on the trail of mystery, murder and absolute carnage. Violence is the bread and butter of these isolated and damaged individuals trained to kill not to feel. A conclusion that blows apart each and every previous scenario giving a worthy ending to a 5 star read from an incredibly gifted author sitting at the top of his game and this genre. Many thanks to author, publisher and NetGalley for the chance to luxuriate in the total pleasure of this ARC.