Out of the Dark

My Journey Through the Shadows to Find God's Joy

Pub Date 15 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 18 Feb 2022
K-LOVE Books, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #OutoftheDark #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Out of the Dark is Mandisa’s exploration of the journey she’s taken from when she first became a Christian, to her rise as an American Idol finalist and receiving multiple Grammy and Dove Award nominations, as well as the dark and challenging times she experienced along the way. Mandisa tells her story with warmth and vulnerability, challenging us all to focus on God’s purpose for our lives. She calls readers to surround themselves with friends who will fight for and with them and to face life’s challenges with courage and faith.

In the darkness, Mandisa knew God was there — but she wondered if she could trust Him. Even at her lowest point where she saw no human way forward, God was at work, powerfully redeeming her story and calling her out of the dark.

A Note From the Publisher

Suzanne Gosselin (contributor)
Natalie Grant (foreword)

eBook (ISBN: 9781954201019)

Suzanne Gosselin (contributor)
Natalie Grant (foreword)

eBook (ISBN: 9781954201019)

“Since the first day that I met Mandisa she has been nothing but original and courageous. My touring family is better when she is out with us. She genuinely supports each artist that takes the stage as well as every crew member behind the stage. In a single word I would say without hesitation that she is one of the most authentic people I have ever met. Her heart is to help others and in this book she vulnerably shares her own real life experiences and struggles in an attempt to provide insight and love others well.”
—TobyMac, Grammy Award-winning music artist

Marketing Plan

- $30,000 Marketing Budget & National Media Campaign (plus K-LOVE promotion valued at $400K)

- 2.1+ million followers across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, plus 5 million across K-LOVE socials

- New K-LOVE podcast hosted by Mandisa launching in Spring 2021