Your Story Matters

Find Your Voice, Sharpen Your Skills, Tell Your Story

Pub Date 17 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #YourStoryMatters #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'Like a best friend giving you essential advice. I can’t wait to give this to every writer I know.' Candice Carty-Williams

Why do stories matter? I tell stories to make sense of the world as I see it. The world I have lived and experienced, read about and heard about, and what I want it to be. I tell stories to make sense of myself.

Nikesh Shukla, author, writing mentor and bestselling editor of The Good Immigrant, knows better than most the power that every unique voice has to create change. Whether it's a novel, personal essay, non-fiction work or short story – or even just the formless desire to write somethingYour Story Matters will hone your skill and help you along the way.

This book includes exercises and prompts that will develop your idea, no matter what genre you're writing in. It is practical, to the point and focused on letting you figure out what you want to write, how you want to write and why this is the best use of your voice. Accessible and thought-provoking, Your Story Matters will inspire you to keep thinking about writing, even when you don't have the time to put pen to paper.

Why do stories matter? I tell stories to make sense of the world as I see it...

Send to Kindle (PDF)