Just About Coping

A Real-Life Drama from the Psychotherapist's Chair

Pub Date 25 Jul 2024 | Archive Date 25 Jul 2024

Talking about this book? Use #JustAboutCoping #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'I loved this witty, insightful journey into the world of psychotherapy' Raynor Winn, bestselling author of The Salt Path

'I absolutely loved this. Like an Adam Kay for psychotherapy' Frankie Boyle

At the psychologist's clinic of an NHS hospital, Noah needs help with procrastination, Bill compulsively lies, Steph is coping with rejection and their therapist, Dr Natalie Cawley, is dealing with her own emotional crisis, breathing into a paper bag between patient sessions.

In this honest, often poignant and frequently funny memoir about training to be a psychotherapist, we meet the patients grappling with mental health issues, from OCD and addiction to self-deception and toxic relationships, and see how Dr Natalie helps them understand and change these attempts to self-soothe.

Full of lightbulb moments, Just About Coping is a journey into our inner worlds, where the drama of our break-ups, breakdowns and breakthroughs takes place. In times of stress and suffering, Dr Natalie reveals, we are all just about coping. None of us is immune – not even your therapist.

'I absolutely loved this. Like an Adam Kay for psychotherapy' Frankie Boyle

At...

'I've been raving about this, I absolutely loved it. Like an Adam Kay for psychotherapy, Dr Natalie Cawley opens up the closed world of therapy so well, with humour, honesty, and fascinating insights' Frankie Boyle
'I loved this witty, insightful journey into the world of psychotherapy. It made me consider some of my reactions in quite a different light' Raynor Winn, Sunday Times bestselling author of The Salt Path

PAGES 336