It's Your Funeral!

Plan the Celebration of a Lifetime--Before It's Too Late

Pub Date 17 Aug 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #ItsYourFuneral #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

You can’t attend your own funeral. But you can have a blast planning it!

Death is scary—but planning your funeral doesn't have to be! It's Your Funeral! will help demystify death, decrease your anxiety, and put the fun back in funeral, whether that means a drunken bacchanal or a somber reflection on just how great you were. Every stage of the legacy planning process is considered, from a burial outfit to a funeral theme. Practical and cheeky questions alike are answered, including:

• What is the most eco-friendly burial method?
   • Can I write my own obituary?
   • Can my body be shot into space after I die?
   • How can I manage my digital legacy?

Offering a plethora of curious facts, strange stories, and inspiration to help you think outside the coffin, It’s Your Funeral! includes worksheets that will ensure your wishes are recorded for posterity. Planning for death should be the time of your life, so let’s get started!
You can’t attend your own funeral. But you can have a blast planning it!

“[A] concise but comprehensive guide with charm, wit and more than a little absurdity. It’s the rare book that I’d recommend even to someone who hates the subject matter (in fact, I’d argue that’s precisely who needs it the most).”

—Jason Pargin, former executive editor of Cracked.com and author of John Dies at the End

PRICE CA$22.99 (CAD)

Putting the fun in funeral! This is a recommended purchase for all general nonfiction collections. Pairs well with Caitlyn Doughty's titles.

If you like Caitlin Doughty's death positive message then you'll appreciate this book. You might even be able to get the more funeral squeamish people in your life to open up by sharing it. It was a fun, light read about a heavy topic.

Fun, informative and uplifting, this book covers a wide range of topics related to dying, including cultural and religious traditions, cost and eco implications and songs/readings/epitaphs. It's written in a well considered tone - not too serious but keeping things factual and as light as possible. Highly recommended, perfect for opening up conversations with our loved ones about our final wishes.

Since many people are resistant to having conversations about death and funerals, this book is a good option. It hits many of the important decisions regarding someone's passing, but with a more light-hearted tone than most literature. A good place to get started. Net Galley Feedback

Truly a fun read. It's one of those books that I think fans of My Favorite Murder would enjoy. It has a very Murderino vibe to it. The humor is dark without being hopeless, the advice is incredibly insightful, highly recommended. 5/5, 9/10.