Secrets and Lies

a page-turning, addictive new read for fans of Martina Cole

Pub Date 2 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 2 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #SecretsAndLies #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When everyone else is lying to him, she's the only person he can trust. But how can he be honest with her when his lies are the only thing keeping her safe...?

Ambitious middleman Conor Baxter is determined to become his own master. He's done being an enforcer for the worst scum of London's gangland scene. This world is all he's ever known, but he has plans. Big plans. But pulling it off will mean partnering with some very scary people indeed...

He's just getting started when he meets beautiful barmaid Ella Dawson. Ella's a good girl, but there's something about Conor that catches her attention. Maybe it's his bright blue eyes, his confident, charming swagger, or that he's a bit older and treats her like a princess. Whatever it is, there's one thing for certain: falling in love with a man like Conor is dangerous.

And when Ella gets tangled up in Conor's shady deals, it's not just her heart that's at risk...

Perfect for fans of Caz Finlay, Martina Cole and Jacqui Rose.

Ambitious middleman Conor Baxter is...

EDITION Ebook

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

After enjoying Stephanie's last trilogy I wondered what to expect next. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed. I was so invested into the world of Conor and Ella who are complete opposites. I loved this and really think Stephanie gets better with every book. One author to watch out for. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I really enjoyed this book. Character development was good. The plot was very interesting. Not a lot of typos.

Thank you for this ARC. I only received it yesterday and read it last night. Love Stephanie's book and this one didn't disappointment. Bad boy Conor meets Ella the barmaid, roll on your next book

I was excited to read Secret and Lies by Stephanie Harte having not read one of her books before. I quickly became sucked in to the story of Ella and Conor and how he whisked her away into a lavish lifestyle of expensive dinners, holidays and designer treats. The relationship between them was well written from both sides and I couldn't help but warm to Conor initially despite his dodgy dealings with small-time drug dealers and his tainted past. I rooted for them to make it work but his coercive behaviour not to mention drawing Ella into his business negotiations with the Spanish cartel ruined their blossoming relationship. Ella was quickly drawn away from her family and friends and was left feeling isolated with nowhere to turn. 'This gritty thriller is a binge-worthy read, with characters you can't help but root for.'

Finished this book in 2 days really enjoyed the storyline and the characters were really well written was lovely to read a book where a normal girl finds something but turns out the grass isn’t always greener and is strong enough to change things I would definitely recommend this book.

Loved this book,once started was difficult to put down,good characters,exciting storyline and really well written,One of those books that makes you happy you read, An easy 10/10 5 Stars

Ella is a 19 year old uni student working part time in a pub living a normal life until she meets Conor who comes along and sweeps her off her feet. He has money coming out of his ears and lavishes her. But how does he make his money? What will Ella make of it all? With enough money to last a lifetime, surely they'll just live happily ever after? Romance, crime and thrills, this book has it all. Loved it!