The Improbable Adventures of Miss Emily Soldene: Actress, Writer and Rebel Victorian

Pub Date 23 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 18 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheImprobableAdventuresofMissEmilySoldeneActressWriterandRebelVictorian #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

‘I rode on the stage in such style, that the men in front forgot I was a girl, and also forgot to laugh.’

From humble beginnings as the daughter of a Clerkenwell milliner, Emily Soldene rose to become a leading lady of the London stage and a formidable impresario with her own opera company. The darling of London’s theatreland, she later reinvented herself as a journalist and writer who scandalised the capital with her backstage revelations.

Weaving through the spurious glamour of Victorian music halls and theatres, taking encounters with the Pre-Raphaelites and legal disputes involving Charles Dickens in her stride, Emily became the toast of New York and ventured far off the beaten track to tour in Australia and New Zealand. In The Improbable Adventures of Miss Emily Soldene, a life filled with performance, travel and incident returns to centre stage.

Marketing Plan

Please get in contact if interested in joining a blog and bookstagram tour for this title.

Email christina.storey@allisonandbusy.com