The How

Notes on the Great Work of Meeting Yourself

Pub Date 2 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 1 May 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheHow #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A treasure trove of inspiration and an invitation for personal renewal from the acclaimed author of bone and The Terrible

We still dream though, don't we? We are gifted with a way into ourselves, night after night after night.

Yrsa Daley-Ward's words have resonated with hundreds of thousands of readers around the world: through her books of poetry and memoir bone and The Terrible, through her powerful writing for Beyoncé on Black Is King and through her always-illuminating Instagram posts.

In The How, Yrsa gently takes readers by the hand, encouraging them to join her as she explores how we can remove our filters, and see and feel more of who we really are behind the preconceived notions of propriety and manners we've accumulated with age. With a mix of short, lyrical musings, immersive poetry and intriguing meditations, The How can be used to start conversations, to prompt writing, to delve deeper - whether you're on your own or with friends, on your feet or writing from the solace of home.

We still dream though, don't we? We are gifted with a way into ourselves...

EDITION Paperback