Cracking the Menopause

While Keeping Yourself Together

Pub Date 16 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 7 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #CrackingtheMenopause #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

'Essential reading for everyone' – Marian Keyes

It’s high time we renovated and elevated this life change. Despite the centuries of speculation and propaganda, we are not overheating or inherently cold, we are not hysterics or boiling vats of toxic poisons, we are not dried up or washed up, we are simply menopausal.

It’s time for us to start talking about the menopause. Cracking the Menopause, from straight-talking broadcaster Mariella Frostrup and health journalist Alice Smellie, has all the information you need, delivered with characteristic wry humour. Mariella shares her own journey through the menopause, along with the latest science, advice from leading experts and humorous illustrations – to provide an informative source of wisdom and enlightenment.

Featuring case studies from women in every walk of life and all stages of their menopause journey, Cracking the Menopause opens up the conversation about an urgent topic that half the population will experience, but barely anyone is talking about. Designed to equip you with the knowledge to manage your symptoms from perimenopause onwards, this essential book separates the myths from the reality and offers expertise, hope and advice.

'I inhaled this book, it's fantastic. Women of all ages need to read it.' – Claudia Winkleman

'Mariella and Alice have just written one of the most important books of the year, bravo.' - Gabby Logan

'Essential reading for everyone' – Marian Keyes

'A fresh, insightful take and a great read.'

Helen Fielding, author of Bridget Jones's Diary

'I inhaled this book, it's fantastic. Women of all ages need to read it. It’s genuinely helped me understand why I wake up at 5 a.m. and made me laugh along the way.'

Claudia Winkleman

'This friendly, feisty book has all the myth-busting facts, tactics and strategies we need to sail through menopause and not just survive, but thrive.'

Alice Hart-Davis, founder of The Tweakments Guide

'Brilliantly well-informed, hugely helpful and, above all, empathetic to women’s needs: I wish I’d had this to read when my own perimenopause kicked in.'

Saska Graville, MPowered Women

'A fresh, insightful take and a great read.'

Helen Fielding, author of Bridget Jones's Diary