If Wine Could Talk

Pub Date 21 Sep 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #IfWineCouldTalk #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

If Wine Could Talk intertwines two stories, one of a young girl's narrative molded by wine and the other being the answers to all your need-to-know wine questions. Follow Kara's story of defying limiting beliefs, choosing a challenging but rewarding path, and sharing the soul of the vine. So pour yourself a glass and dive into a tale that only an unconventional wine-filled life could create, and begin your own journey of wine discovery with an education on all the wine basics. You might even impress your friends at the next wine tasting.

ISBN 9781950906949

Date reviewed/posted: July 30, 2021 Publication date: September 21, 2021 When life for the entire galaxy and planet has turned on its end, you have personally decided to basically continue on #maskingup and #lockingdown to be in #COVID19 #socialisolation as the #thirdwave ( #fourthwave #fifthwave?) is upon us, superspeed readers like me can read 300+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. Plus it is hot as all heck and nothing is more appealing than sitting in front of a fan with a kindle! I requested and received a temporary digital Advance Reader Copy of this book from #NetGalley, the publisher and the author in exchange for an honest review. From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do 😸. Unlike most soon-to-be college graduates, Kara Joseph found something in wine she couldn't quite explain. It had nothing to do with the penny wine nights down at the local pub or the off-campus mixers. It called to her. It brought people together. The mystery and unshakable feeling that it was more than just a drink led her on a journey toward becoming a sommelier, taking on Napa Valley and New York City, and finding the answers in wine she desperately yearned to discover. Pursuing wine as her passion brought Kara adventures, struggles, and an insatiable desire to understand wine to the core. If Wine Could Talk intertwines two stories, one of a young girl's narrative moulded by wine and the other being the answers to all your need-to-know wine questions. Follow Kara's story of defying limiting beliefs, choosing a challenging but rewarding path, and sharing the soul of the vine. So pour yourself a glass and dive into a tale that only an unconventional wine-filled life could create, and begin your own journey of wine discovery with an education on all the wine basics. You might even impress your friends at the next wine tasting. Wine speaks to people more than most other alcoholic drinks - its myth and terroir make it more complex than clear spirits, (now scotch is a whole other stinky story...). It was interesting to see how a passion led to a career that Kara loves and that she shares that love with others. Just like I share my love of books with others! If you love wine and passionate-for- wine women, this is the book to read. I will recommend this book to friends, family, patrons, book clubs, and people reading books in the park as we do … I have had some of my best conversations about books down by the Thames! Take this book to the beach (or your back yard, porch or balcony) and enjoy it and a glass of wine as summer fades away. - just wear a tonne of SPF110 as you will lose track of time as you read this. - If we are in the 5th or 6th wave/mutation of COVID19 by then, stay inside: no tan is worth dying for. #maddogsandenglishmen As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I simply adore emojis (outside of their incessant use by "🙏-ed Social Influencer Millennials/#BachelorNation survivors/Tik-Tok and YouTube Millionaires/snowflakes / literally-like-overusers etc. ") on Instagram and Twitter... Get a real job, people!) so let's give it 🍷🍷🍷🍷

I got this book from NetGalley for an honest review. Easy to read and full of good info about wine selections and tastings. I loved the bit about the wine but have to admit, the whole backstory of the author's life was not nearly as interesting. As a girl who loves her wine, it was helpful to read about some of the lesser known things about wine and serving wine. It is such a gorgeous social beverage that can really bring people together.

I didn’t know this was a non-fiction memoir x wine guide. If I’m honest, when I received my advanced copy of it, I assumed it was a gentle chick-lit type book about a woman her 30s who lives in London and depends too much on wine whilst she watches her contemporaries settle down in their careers and love lives. So this came as a complete surprise. Kara Joseph writes with such passion that a glass of wine becomes more than a glass of wine. I do like the odd white or rose wine (I find red too rich), but I’m definitely more of a gin girl. Having said that, I will appreciate any wine I drink now more than “just” having a glass. I’ll be honest, the extent of my wine knowledge is being able to identify a red, white or rose - although someone said you can now get orange or blue wines which slightly disturbs me. This book is informative and technical but approachable; even someone with zero knowledge of wine is able to follow Kara on her journey. The integration of her personal story gives a human relatable side to the technical wine talk. What I did find amusing though, was when I told my mother I was reading a book about wine, she looked at me quizzically and said “can’t you just drink the wine?”