Why Weren’t We Taught This at School?

The surprisingly simple secret to transforming life’s challenges

Pub Date 12 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 19 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #WhyWerentWeTaughtThisatSchool #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A beautifully simple guide to the relationship skills we all so deeply need, but most of us don’t know how to access. This book belongs firmly on the curriculum for creating a more peaceful world.
Dr Scilla Elworthy, three times Nobel Peace Prize nominee

This book  is a tool box. Keep it close at hand and dip in often.
Jim Carter OBE and Imelda Staunton CBE, actors

Brilliant, easy to understand, and applies with equal force in personal and professional contexts.
Sharif Shivji QC, barrister specialising in commercial law

Why weren’t we taught this at school? introduces Needs Understanding, a fresh approach for finding creative solutions and building relationships at home and at work. It’s based on one simple idea: we’re all on a quest to meet our underlying human needs – such as belonging, knowing we matter, and fun.

Whether you are trying to make a tricky decision, communicate more effectively, parent the way you want to, or make a difference in the world, Needs Understanding can help.

Understand the ‘fingerprint needs’ that drive your behaviourDiscover 10 ways you listen that alienate other people, and what to do insteadStop blaming yourself and others, and fix what’s going on underneathFind creative solutions to difficult problems by ‘walking around the mountain’Empower yourself to change the world.

Alice Sheldon is the creator of Needs Understanding and shares it globally with individuals and organizations.

www.needs-understanding.com

Dr...

PRICE A$32.99 (AUD)

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Why Weren't We Taught This at School ? By Alice Sheldon Yes , the very question in the title is worthy of a discussion. We should be taught some form of this in school and in reality , at a fairly young age . People are being told to , Be Kind. But really what does this actual mean ? In the book , whilst Alice Sheldon does not ask nor cover this , it is a book worthy of finding the answer to that question and many others. We sometimes react to a person in a way that has been taught or shown to us from a young age , or through learned experiences . This book shows us there are other ways that can ultimately improve our relationship with others and by that , ourselves. Brilliant and thought provoking.