The Art of Enough

7 ways to build a balanced life and a flourishing world

Pub Date 21 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 4 Oct 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheArtofEnough #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ever feel like you aren’t Enough? Overwhelmed by too many demands?

Concerned about over-consumption and the climate crisis

You’re not alone. The Art of Enough is the challenge of our age.

In a world full of pressure to be more, do more and consume more, this practical guidebook will help you find your own version of Enough. Enough is a springboard for self-belief, a healthy work pace and sustainable living, so you can move from striving to thriving.

Weaving together ideas, stories and practices, The Art of Enough offers seven ways to ease away from the pull of scarcity and excess, towards flourishing with Enough; finding the balance and boundaries we all need for ourselves and for our world.

Becky Hall is a coach, facilitator and speaker and has worked for over 20 years with teams, organizations and leaders, helping busy people all over the world create their own Art of Enough.

‘If you want to have a better life and to make the world a better place then you must read this book. It is wise and practical and beautifully easy to read, everybody should read it’

Charles Handy, bestselling author of The Empty Raincoat and The Second Curve.

Ever feel like you aren’t Enough? Overwhelmed by too many demands?

Concerned about over-consumption and the climate crisis

You’re not alone. The Art of Enough is the challenge of our age.

In a world...

PRICE A$32.99 (AUD)

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

For people that constantly need/ want to do more, this book is AWESOME! Read it now. For people who worry they consume or buy too much, this book is AWESOME, too! Read it now. For people that worry about the competing demands, give this book a go. My only slight criticism is that each section - being enough, doing enough, having enough, etc could be its own book.... but this is useful information, conversational and entertaining while being informative. I recommend this!

This is an excellent book about finding balance in a driven world. About finding the place between scarcity and abundance where you can live happy and content. Sounds simple, and in a way, it is, but we are required to totally rethink our mindsets so that we stop competing and comparing and start looking properly at ourselves and our ambitions. I found it very positive and many of the ideas are easily transferable for me. Ms Hall says “Enough is a place of fullness. Enough is a generative state, full of stretch, growth and ambition to fulfil our potential - because it moves us beyond our limiting judgements. Enough is a state of elegant balance, where being and doing are finely poised in equilibrium, deeply interconnected. An Enough Mindset offers us a way of being and believing that is sourced by love and abundance. There is Enough. We can do Enough. We are Enough.” Quoting Tim Jackson’s TED Talk, she says “We are persuaded to spend money we don’t have on things we don't need to make impressions that won’t last on people we don't care about.” How many of us can see the truth in that. I certainly could - I’m using past tense because I am taking on board this advice, and I am working to change my outlook so that I find a place of elegant sufficiency. Recommended if you are becoming a bit jaded and want to consider what is important in your life. This is an easy read full of ideas and practical suggestions. I was given a copy of this book by Netgalley in return for an honest review

The Art of Enough by Becky Hall So much of this book resonates with me. We are taught from an early age to strive to ' be good ' . To do well at school , to be top of the class, to get the best exam results , to go on to the best university. Then when an adult , we want to be seen to be at the top of our career , to be thought well of by our peers. To holiday in lovely places, to have a fantastic home, and great relationships , well adjusted children. Rinse and repeat. This book almost gives you permission to step off that merry-go round , or at least the idea that you can look at life in a different way. A great thought provoking book.

This is a great addition to your self-help book collection! I think a lot of us never feel like we are ENOUGH and we need to get out of that mindset as it's damaging to us and others around us. This book gives some great tips and healing-type energy to incorporate changes into our lives. Definitely recommend this book to others!