Homer Joy the Zombie Boy

The Zombie Boy

Pub Date 19 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #HomerJoy #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Homer Joy the Zombie Boy is a little kid that doesn't quite fit in.

On his journey, he learns love always wins and having Zombie Superpowers comes in handy in a pinch. He's just looking for a hug, not trying to save the day. However, Homer learns GOD made us all special in our own special way. Homer may look different, and he may be made like no other, but just like this book, don't judge him by his cover!
Homer Joy the Zombie Boy is a little kid that doesn't quite fit in.

ISBN 9781950906857

Send To Kindle (MOBI)

Super cute book about not judging a book by its cover and also kindness. My 8yo son loved the zombie portion (it’s not scary I promise) and totally got the message the book was giving. Who knew a zombie could be so cute?

Great spooky season book! I don't usually like books where there is a bully and the person being bullied needs to forgive the bully. especially when the bully doesn't even ask for forgiveness. I think overall, it does send a message that you shouldn't be mean to others or make assumptions about others, especially based on how they look which I of course believe and think it is a good lesson for children.

Wow what a cute book. Poor Homer! I found this book to be very cute and entertaining for children as well as for adults. It kind of reminded me of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer but with a creepy twist. Especially the afterword where the author thanked her children and grandchildren and included photos of them and even thanked her one grandson, Ryan. She included photos of those pictures he had drawn and colored. Just a very cute and adorable book about a misunderstood zombie.

My son and I read this together. He liked it because being different to other kids is like having a disability but at the same time have joy, be kind, and it will always come back around. He didn’t like Homer Joy getting bullied but he liked how he was full of love and helped save Miss Priss. 10/10⭐️

My daughter read this book and she said she really liked this book and she liked that the bully became friends with him in the end. She liked the message this sent. I really like stories like this which have a hidden message in the story which teaches children without them knowing. I can definitely recommend this book and my daughter who is 9 can record it too. She has asked me to get a copy of this book for her to continue reading